Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

inner door handles

Views : 626

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 10th, 2024, 17:38   #1
BigBoo

Default inner door handles

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the older style inner arm rest door handles from the B20 are a like for like replacement for the handles fitted to the B18 (ie, are the holes in the same place?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Handles.jpg (106.7 KB, 22 views)
BigBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2024, 22:15   #2
BMWTheBest

This is a real question for geeks. I don't think there are people here who can answer)
BMWTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2024, 23:32   #3
blueosprey90
Master Member

Not being a Volvo expert, my suggestion is for you to figure out what model of Volvos you have or are dealing with, not what engine(s) is in it. Then the question might be: "will the arm rests from a (year) Volvo (model) fit in a (year) Volvo (model).
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 02:49   #4
superspod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoo View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the older style inner arm rest door handles from the B20 are a like for like replacement for the handles fitted to the B18 (ie, are the holes in the same place?)
I believe so as mine came originally with a mismatched pair. I've been looking for another older style one for a while, but they're rare as hens teeth just to warn you!
superspod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 16:46   #5
Nullifie

The holes are in the same distance, so they can be replaced, the old ones aren't fix to one type of upholstery but are used until a chassisnumber. But you also have to get the longer bolts with the older type handles for the bolts from the late type handles are too short for the early ones. Left and right of the older type handles are different, the newer ones can be used left and right. If the stainless steel trim isn't your aim you can take some from a PV544 or a similar Volvo (not the early ones, they have other handles), they are the same and easy to get but lacking this trim. There are two different types of this trim: left and right different for the upper side is broader / the lower side is narrower, and left and right the same for upper and lower side both narrow (upper side doesn't reach to the vinyl then). There are different patterns of the vinyl, so it could be that a pair isn't really a pair, but the vinyl often has to be replaced so at last after that they have the same vinyl. And to make the information complete: Volvo used different plastic for the lower part: one plastic with black colour that gets translucent after being long in daylight and another plastic that stays black.
Nullifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 11:18   #6
BigBoo

Thumbs up

Nullifie, thank you so much for all the information, absolutely brilliant
BigBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 17:07   #7
Nullifie

No thanks needed. I had several of them, kept some of the best of them but can't find them now (too much parts for too less space).
Nullifie is offline   Reply With Quote