Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pictures of my ice white R-Design

Views : 61986

Replies : 224

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 19th, 2010, 00:46   #41
VolvoXc60

Washed my angel

Aarrgh... still some spots of hard-sitting dirt inside the rims. Have to get a better brush.
VolvoXc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 19:57   #42
Waggatron

Looks awesome !

Hosepipe ban here in the North West means mine is getting dirtier by the day
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 20:10   #43
VolvoXc60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebster View Post
Looks awesome !

Hosepipe ban here in the North West means mine is getting dirtier by the day
What color is your´s? And do you wash it yourself?
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 12:33   #44
Waggatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoXc60 View Post
What color is your´s? And do you wash it yourself?
Mine is a Chameleon Blue D3 SE.

I was originally set on white like yourself, but as mine is a company car I got a discount off the monthly rental charge by going "metallic". Something to do with resale values so I'm told. Anyway...that discount meant I could order a few "extras" and still be within my limit.

I always wash my cars myself. Nothing fancy...just a bucket and sponge and a few Autoglym products. I find washing and polishing a very relaxing pastime. Helps me get rid of the stresses of the week.....and its satisfying to see the efforts of your labour. So in effect United Utilities are ruining my health !!

I wouldn't mind but its rained non-stop here for the last two weeks but apparently its the wrong sort of rain !!!!
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 12:48   #45
nosmoking

Default Winter tyres

Hi VolvoXc60,

Stunning car and pics. Just a side question for you: I assume living in Norway you have to fit winter tyres in winter. Will you fit them onto your existing 20" alloys or do you have a separate set of wheels? Which winter tyre do you intend to use?
nosmoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 17:06   #46
VolvoXc60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebster View Post
Mine is a Chameleon Blue D3 SE.

I was originally set on white like yourself, but as mine is a company car I got a discount off the monthly rental charge by going "metallic". Something to do with resale values so I'm told. Anyway...that discount meant I could order a few "extras" and still be within my limit.

I always wash my cars myself. Nothing fancy...just a bucket and sponge and a few Autoglym products. I find washing and polishing a very relaxing pastime. Helps me get rid of the stresses of the week.....and its satisfying to see the efforts of your labour. So in effect United Utilities are ruining my health !!

I wouldn't mind but its rained non-stop here for the last two weeks but apparently its the wrong sort of rain !!!!
Interesting colour, do you have any pics??

Never, never use a sponge to wash your car! Using a sponge is for washing inside the wheel arches only! The best thing you can do to improve washing is using a washmitt and then dry it with a microfiber towel

Old Jul 20th, 2010, 17:11   #47
VolvoXc60

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmoking View Post
Hi VolvoXc60,

Stunning car and pics. Just a side question for you: I assume living in Norway you have to fit winter tyres in winter. Will you fit them onto your existing 20" alloys or do you have a separate set of wheels? Which winter tyre do you intend to use?
I have a full set of winter tyres from Continental. Hope they will look good on the car!

Old Jul 20th, 2010, 17:37   #48
nosmoking

Quote:
I have a full set of winter tyres from Continental. Hope they will look good on the car!
Thanks!! They certainly look the business, complete with studs!
nosmoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 18:36   #49
Waggatron

Quote:
Interesting colour, do you have any pics??

Never, never use a sponge to wash your car! Using a sponge is for washing inside the wheel arches only! The best thing you can do to improve washing is using a washmitt and then dry it with a microfiber towel

Thanks for the advice VolvoXC60. Time for a trip to Halfords methinks !
Out of curiosity...why is a wash mitt superior to a sponge?

Also...Ive got to ask....what is "Prick Bort" ?

Will get some photos of her on here soon....just not had any time to make her look her best yet due to the rain (and ironically the hosepipe ban !!).
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 20:00   #50
VolvoXc60

Prick Bort is degreasing. The wash mitt do not hold the dirt like a sponge do, so a sponge will make more damage.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VolvoXc60 For This Useful Post: