Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

April 2019 Software Update

Views : 6891

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2019, 17:08   #41
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Just had my XC90 serviced today and the updated software, the new stop start symbol is on the driver display and changes to green as stop start activates an engine stop. Don't know why they needed to change this but they have.

I also had the intercooler hose changed as per recall but still was not showing up as a recall on the Volvo site, it may be just classed as a Technical Journal item replacement rather than a recall.
Looking under the bonnet I can not see what has been done. They said it was an inlet hose.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2019, 22:02   #42
Mavi57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 View Post
I also got the new safety connected icon, so it makes no sense why the stop/start icon wasn't updated.
Do you have a T8?

The start/stop icon is not for T8
Mavi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2019, 22:09   #43
Sphinx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavi57 View Post
Do you have a T8?

The start/stop icon is not for T8
No. I have a Xc60 T5
Old Jun 5th, 2019, 23:45   #44
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfolder View Post
Had mine serviced today and can confirm "ready" is gone and replaced by the stop start symbol which changes colour based on what it's doing.

Got the Connected Safety button on the main display too now.

TPMS is acting up though, keeps going with the updating circle thing and don't get the green dots. Anyone had this after a service ?
Has your TPMS recalibrated ok now, It is usually because they reset the tyres pressures during the service if they are not at the normal pressures and start a calibration that takes several miles to complete, I always have mine on eco higher pressure and I forgot to tell my service centre to leave mine at eco setting as I tow a caravan, they reset them to normal and my TPMS was in calibration mode when I picked it up. It rest during my trip home.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
Old Jun 5th, 2019, 23:50   #45
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Just had my XC90 serviced today and the updated software, the new stop start symbol is on the driver display and changes to green as stop start activates an engine stop. Don't know why they needed to change this but they have.

I also had the intercooler hose changed as per recall but still was not showing up as a recall on the Volvo site, it may be just classed as a Technical Journal item replacement rather than a recall.
Looking under the bonnet I can not see what has been done. They said it was an inlet hose.
All I can observe is that they actively recalled mine for it. That's a 'recall' in my book.
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 00:05   #46
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Could you see which hose was changed ?, I can't see any obvious new hose or clips. Or any sign of anything being disturbed.
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 17:01   #47
ScarlettLady

Can software update change how the car performs? I've been getting a "reduced engine performance" message since the update (with a turtle symbol!?) - anyone else had this? Also, it isn't driving as smoothly and I wondered if the computer/software update could effect this?? Thanks.
ScarlettLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 17:24   #48
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Very, very unlikely, you will have a fault somewhere that need diagnostic check, the odd exhaust O2 sensor has been popping up on here that does that when it requires cleaning, with a bit of luck it will be something quick easy like that
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2019, 01:47   #49
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Could you see which hose was changed ?, I can't see any obvious new hose or clips. Or any sign of anything being disturbed.
I haven’t looked. There is a snake pit of pipes on these cars, mostly hidden away round the back, plumbing the two turbos and extending to the intercooler.
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 09:48   #50
rubachuk

Had my XC90 in for service and update on Friday. I've got the new start/stop symbol but I've not noticed the connected safety.

I've also noticed that on drive mode select I now have Polestar Engineered in the place of Dynamic. Does anyone know if this is part of the standard update or does this mean that they've updated my Polestar to the latest version too? I didn't notice it in time to ask at the service desk, but when I asked before the service they were quite vague on what would be updated, just said they'd plug it in and the latest versions would be installed automatically. It's back in in a few weeks for the squeaky middle row seat fix so I'll ask then.

My impression of the gearbox update is that it does seem to quicker to get moving, a bit more decisive, but it can be quite abrupt with it at times, a bit too aggressive. I'm hoping as it learns it'll calm down a bit.