Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 Cross Country Pro T6 Problems

Views : 1058

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2018, 10:32   #1
chim79

Default V90 Cross Country Pro T6 Problems

I've now covered nearly 5000 miles in my V90 CC T6, whilst there is lots to enjoy in the car there are a few persistant problems that are causing me headaches, thought it worth sharing to see if others have had the same experience.

1. Engine issues. On several occasions the car went into limp home mode, the main message being Engine\Gearbox overheating. This tends to occur under load and usually when the gearbox has to kick down several gears for a quick overtake or acceleration. I could possible understand if the ambient temperature was high, but it seemed to happen regardless. After being recovered by Volvo Assist it spent a week at the dealer having the throttle bodies replaced. They were unable to provide any more detail as it is a sealed part and Volvo wanted it sent back for analysis.

Just one week after this was done the issue re-occurred and has happened one further time, it is currently awaiting a trip back to the dealer.

2. Gearbox. The gearbox is awful, it is hesitant, jerky\lumpy. It is virtually impossible to drive it smoothly, simple tasks like coming up to a roundabout and then accelerating seems to cause the car all sorts of issues, either it is in the wrong gear or jolts as it kicks down. This is in Comfort, in Dynamic it is so unpleasant it is almost undrivable.

3. Stop\Start\Auto handbrake. Kicks in far to fast, in slow traffic it adruptly kicks in, causing a jerky experience, when coupled with the above it is almost embarrassing with passengers in the car, I find myself constantly apologising for the poor behaviour.

4. The local dealer is dreadful, they don't return calls, no update on work\no knowledge of what is being done, reluctant to ask the technicians, even contacting them is difficult as they never answer the phone. In this day and age such poor customer service for a supposed 'premium' brand is completely unacceptable. Car was returned following the engine work unwashed with hand prints on the bonnet - they did make an offer to 'wipe them off' for me.

All in all this is the worst new car I have owned, the whole experience has been a real disappointment. I am only glad it is a lease and I can hand it back at the end of the term, if I have bought the car I would be seriously losing sleep.

Have I just got a bad one, or have others experienced similar?
chim79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 10:39   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim79 View Post
I've now covered nearly 5000 miles in my V90 CC T6, whilst there is lots to enjoy in the car there are a few persistant problems that are causing me headaches, thought it worth sharing to see if others have had the same experience.

1. Engine issues. On several occasions the car went into limp home mode, the main message being Engine\Gearbox overheating. This tends to occur under load and usually when the gearbox has to kick down several gears for a quick overtake or acceleration. I could possible understand if the ambient temperature was high, but it seemed to happen regardless. After being recovered by Volvo Assist it spent a week at the dealer having the throttle bodies replaced. They were unable to provide any more detail as it is a sealed part and Volvo wanted it sent back for analysis.

Just one week after this was done the issue re-occurred and has happened one further time, it is currently awaiting a trip back to the dealer.

2. Gearbox. The gearbox is awful, it is hesitant, jerky\lumpy. It is virtually impossible to drive it smoothly, simple tasks like coming up to a roundabout and then accelerating seems to cause the car all sorts of issues, either it is in the wrong gear or jolts as it kicks down. This is in Comfort, in Dynamic it is so unpleasant it is almost undrivable.

3. Stop\Start\Auto handbrake. Kicks in far to fast, in slow traffic it adruptly kicks in, causing a jerky experience, when coupled with the above it is almost embarrassing with passengers in the car, I find myself constantly apologising for the poor behaviour.

4. The local dealer is dreadful, they don't return calls, no update on work\no knowledge of what is being done, reluctant to ask the technicians, even contacting them is difficult as they never answer the phone. In this day and age such poor customer service for a supposed 'premium' brand is completely unacceptable. Car was returned following the engine work unwashed with hand prints on the bonnet - they did make an offer to 'wipe them off' for me.

All in all this is the worst new car I have owned, the whole experience has been a real disappointment. I am only glad it is a lease and I can hand it back at the end of the term, if I have bought the car I would be seriously losing sleep.

Have I just got a bad one, or have others experienced similar?
no this is a one off , probably all caused by the same problem , I suggest you go south a bit and try another dealer … Did they update the software for you whilst the car was being looked at ? That is always the first step after getting the fault codes .