Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 1.6 TD limp mode issues Map or mas Sensor - Help???

Views : 444

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2022, 10:54   #1
Greenlider23
Greenlider23

Smile C30 1.6 TD limp mode issues Map or mas Sensor - Help???

Hi everyone,
I'm having some issues with my C30 1.6 diesel, usuall engine warning light on, so had it put on the diagnostic and it came up DPF issue, since then I had it carbon cleaned and it semmed fine for a very short time and the engine warning light came back on. A guy who looked at it said he was familiar with the issue and recommended changing the MAP sensor, so I am trying to find its location to replace. Anybody had the same issue and was it resolved by renewing the sensor, because I've heard it could also be the boost MAS Sensor aswell. It is struggling with power, seems like its in a mild limp mode. Any clues? Would appreciate any assistance on the matter Thanks

Last edited by Greenlider23; Jan 18th, 2022 at 12:27.
Greenlider23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 12:29   #2
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlider23 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm having some issues with my C30 1.6 diesel, usuall engine warning light on, so had it put on the diagnostic and it came up DPF issue, since then I had it carbon cleaned and it semmed fine for a very short time and the engine warning light came back on. A guy who looked at it said he was familiar with the issue and recommended changing the MAP sensor, so I am trying to find its location to replace. Anybody had the same issue and was it resolved by renewing the sensor, because I've heard it could also be the boost MAS Sensor aswell. It is struggling with power, seems like its in a mild limp mode. Any clues? Would appreciate any assistance on the matter Thanks
Before anything else , fuel filter, been there , done that!

Good luck.
Moomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 13:07   #3
Greenlider23
Greenlider23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
Before anything else , fuel filter, been there , done that!

Good luck.
Thanks, I will start with the filter 👍
Greenlider23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 08:44   #4
Alwyn
Alwyn

I've had a similar issue and my local garage identified it with what he called a 'pouch' that holds the fluid that is injected into the exhaust system. It is contained in a box below the boot. Apparently if the pouch needs to be replaced, it costs over £400. Is there a 'pattern' version that works and costs a more sensible amount?

Last edited by Alwyn; Jan 25th, 2022 at 10:49.
Alwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 13:23   #5
Simmy
Premier Member

fuel filter. check eloys fluid level.. clean the sensors before replaceing. have code read before doing any thing with vida if possible as some generic code readers dont do well with volvos
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 17:35   #6
Alwyn
Alwyn

Thanks. It turned out that the reservoir was empty so all now sorted. Although its not a Volvo dealer they have a Zenith reader that costs over £7k and seems to give reasonably good diagnosis plus he's a good mechanic.
Alwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 18:29   #7
Simmy
Premier Member

glad you got sorted these kind of problem can be difficult to sort without good equipment
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote