Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for under car strengtheners/braces

Views : 1136

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 18:52   #1
Stefanfed

Default Looking for under car strengtheners/braces

Hi im wondering if anyone knows where you can buy under car braces for a c70 coupe 99 model like what ultra racing do.
Stefanfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 19:34   #2
martybelfastt5
Premier Member

Thumbs up

kalmar union
rt mechanics
both these should do them,,,
martybelfastt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 20:37   #3
don kalmar union
Trader

I dont stock these, but if you check at www.t5d5.org you will find some information on a group purchase that was done a while back....may be some still not taken up.

Regards, Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 20:46   #4
RT Mechanics
A yellow volvo lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanfed View Post
Hi im wondering if anyone knows where you can buy under car braces for a c70 coupe 99 model like what ultra racing do.
Your better off having a search on www.Volvospeed.com as there is quite a few owners on there with the ultra racing bars i have a customer trying some out soon on a very fine 850R so will be good to try them out

Russ
RT Mechanics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RT Mechanics For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 21:48   #5
FaKaWi
Master Member

To the OP, the UK reseller for UR is a company called Automac, website is www.automac.co.uk. Takes about 4 weeks for the items to arrive as they are custom ordered, but pricing is actually quite reasonable.

As Don has said, have a look on www.t5d5.org, there are a number of users there with them fitted, many of whom have tried them out on tracks as well as road. Shame that some other supposed 'experts' can't actually use their cars in a similar fashion without then having to dismantle it all over again.
FaKaWi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaKaWi For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 21:50   #6
s60ben
Master Member

Actually, you'd be best having a look at

http://forums.t5d5.org/p2p1850-other...l__ultraracing

And having a word with pyaap on the T5D5 forum who may be able to assist you in obtaining them at a good price.

There is a settled customer base in the UK who as a group on that forum managed to buy and fit a considerable number of these at a very decent price, how you'd be best served visiting the US site of Volvospeed for advice bearing in mind you are a UK consumer I have absolutely no idea - maybe Russ would like to elucidate...

Then again, that might require a straight answer, and I'm already waiting for enough of those from him already (as are others) ...

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s60ben For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 22:54   #7
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Maybe Russ could also explain why he is the UK distributor for JE Racing Dynamix but yet when he is emailed regarding the purchase of there goods he takes it upon himself not to return emails?
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 02:58   #8
mole

I posted out over 20 of the T5D5 group buy Ultra Racing bars, they are of exceptional quality and fit very well. On several of the cars with them fitted I have noticed and improvement in handling. For your C70 I would recommend the rear under floor bar and if the car is not too low then the front under floor bar also. Don't bother with the brace that goes in the spare wheel well as it's pointless. I trust you have already got a Volvo strut brace as a starting point?
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 18:59   #9
Stefanfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
I posted out over 20 of the T5D5 group buy Ultra Racing bars, they are of exceptional quality and fit very well. On several of the cars with them fitted I have noticed and improvement in handling. For your C70 I would recommend the rear under floor bar and if the car is not too low then the front under floor bar also. Don't bother with the brace that goes in the spare wheel well as it's pointless. I trust you have already got a Volvo strut brace as a starting point?
Yes i already have a strut brace. Would i just buy the ones that fit the v70 because they dont actually list a c70 one
Stefanfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 23:27   #10
mole

The V70 braces will fit a C70 hard top.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote