Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Whats with the clutch?

Views : 1008

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 27th, 2011, 20:14   #11
woodythelampy

Ref the Water leak in the boot, I had a 1990 740GL which had exactly the same water in the boot scenario. Indeed, it turned out to be the rear cluster seal. Cured it by taking it off and treating with some sealant I seem to remember.

Hope this helps!
woodythelampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 20:21   #12
'88740GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodythelampy View Post
Ref the Water leak in the boot, I had a 1990 740GL which had exactly the same water in the boot scenario. Indeed, it turned out to be the rear cluster seal. Cured it by taking it off and treating with some sealant I seem to remember.

Hope this helps!
I'll grab some silicone sealant from work, strong stuff that glues up the sides of fish tanks! great stuff!
'88740GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 21:43   #13
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi my clutch on the 740GLE 1990 judders.But only now and then and it's just how you said,no matter how you let up it judders.Thing is though it can go for weeks without a judder and all of a sudden it comes back but only briefely?The engine mounts seem ok but may move under load?I haven't found anyone brave enough to sit on the wing while I drive off Lol.Maybe I can get a chav to do it as they like sitting on bonnets of thier mates cars at our homebase.

I have got a really whiney axle which spits the oil out just as soon as you go down the road.I hope to change it when the weather improves and the propshaft centre bearing too.Also I will change the rear gearbox mount just to see if it helps.

Hope it isn't the clutch?No oil showing at the bottom of the bellhousing.
Regards Brian.

As for pictures!Simple"Don't tell him Lol"
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote