Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo S80 T6 Executive ( 2001 ). Less than 98K miles.

Views : 1651

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2014, 18:18   #1
1948madness

Default Volvo S80 T6 Executive ( 2001 ). Less than 98K miles.

Thought I would put a brief message on the Forum to see if anyone is interested in buying my 2001 S80 T6 Executive ?
It is truly one of a kind in all respects.
Will post some photos when the system lets me.
I do not wish to clog up the forum with loads of details but will happily send all photos and details upon request.
Deliberately not mentioning price at this point but will provide upon requesting the above.
Please be aware my computer skills are very limited.
Thanks,
Roy

Last edited by 1948madness; May 18th, 2014 at 18:19. Reason: Grammar
1948madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 13:14   #2
Paffel
VOC Member

Roy,

The forum is the perfect place to sell your car, but you need to put up the pictures, plenty of detail around the car, and the price - otherwise your advert might not be taken seriously, and you may be offended by low offers!

What defines this car as being one of a kind? I'm intrigued.

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD
Paffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 13:40   #3
1948madness

Thanks for your contact and advice.
My initial attempt to post photos was rejected as they are apparently too large.
Once I've found my way around this site I will reveal everything correctly but I am not computer wise and at the moment am struggling, sorry.
Old May 19th, 2014, 14:09   #4
1948madness

Default Help

Hi Pat,
Thanks for your PM offering assistance.
Tried to answer via PM but the system wouldn't let me send any message except via the Administrator Board until I have had 30 posts, or at least that is what I think it is telling me.
So I will reply here via the open forum,
' Will send photos direct to your provided address, thanks. Still honing the description but it is part completed ( with 6 photos ) and price ( £2195 ) all currently showing on www.carandclassic.co.uk where it is listed for sale.'
Thanks again,
Roy.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1948madness For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2014, 14:26   #5
Paffel
VOC Member

Roy, Received your email.

Added some of your photos here;

Should anyone wish to see all of Roy's photos for this car - click this link;

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5AF1B...JJrgxRGxU3EmLA

Previous; '98 V70XC, '97 V40 2.0, '94 855 T5,'02 S60 D5,'97 V70 AWD,'90 740 Turbo,'97 855 T5 Auto,99 V70 10V,'04 S80 D5,'99 V70R AWD
Old May 19th, 2014, 14:34   #6
1948madness

Default Appreciation.

Hi Pat,
Wow you must be a wizard with this computer stuff, unlike me.
Much appreciated,
Thanks a million.
Will hopefully post details here when finished honing them but in the meantime to confirm the price ( £2195 ) and some details on www.carandclassic.co.uk website.
Cheers,
Roy.
Old May 19th, 2014, 15:55   #7
Paffel
VOC Member

Full Description is now attached also...

Low mileage for the year at approx.97500 miles.

This is not your everyday S80 T6 but the Very Rare S80 T6 Executive version which seats 4 people Limousine style in Superior surroundings including a Working Refrigerator concealed between the rear seats.
This was the Top of the entire Volvo range in its day and costing in excess of £38,000 at the time.

It has been in my Collection for just over 4 years and only used for a little over 4,000 miles in that period.

There is a Duplicate Service Book with Volvo Dealer Stamps at 6k, 18k, 27k, 40k, 70k, 73k, 76k together with a Volvo Service History Print Out to confirm.
All paperwork/bills/receipts whilst in my ownership are in a file with all other relevant documents including a Volvo Vadis CD for parts, HPi Report from when I purchased it, Volvo print outs for Original Build Details, Options, & Specs.

It is MOT'd until 24th April 2015 with No Advisories.

In the file are the old MOT certs, reports, SORN's whilst in my ownership and a Vosa print out of MOT history covering prior to that.

Currently on SORN but can be easily taxed at time of delivery at buyers cost.

There are 2 keys, 2 remotes, correct owners handbook & correct suede effect wallet plus of course the stamped service book.

Its colour is Dark Grey Pearlescent with Soft Executive Leather in Arena colour with Contrasting Piping to the Seats and Wood Inserts throughout.

As I am an Enthusiast I am particular about my cars, have a personal mechanic, and obtain parts at trade prices or less.

If you would repeat what I have spent on this car then you would spend well in excess of £5,000 at retail to bring it up to this standard.

A Full List of what has been carried out is in the file and a copy can be sent upon request.

Just some of the Larger items include 4 New Genuine Volvo Alloy Wheels, 4 New Kumho Tyres, New Volvo Discs & Pads, New Bosch Alternator, Volvo Cam Belt & Tensioner Kit, Volvo Water Pump, Thermostat All Filters, A/C Receiver, Belts, Plugs, New Bosch Battery, etc.

Overall too numerous to individually list all the changes/improvements here but feel free to request my own hand written log and/or a complete set of photos to be sent to your Email address.

The cars specification includes,
2.8L Twin Turbo Charged 272BHP (approx) 6 Cylinder Engine with Geartronic Automatic Gear Box which can be used Manually together with a Winter setting whilst in Automatic Mode.
Front Fog Lights. Headlamp Wash/Wipe System. Uprated Philips Headlight Bulbs. Headlight Levelling System. All Indicator Bulbs are Silver but flash Yellow to avoid fried egg look. Air Horns. Heated Front Windscreen with Green Tinted Top Band. Electrically operated and Heated Door Mirrors which fold in with a button. Electric Tinted Windows. Dual Zone Climate Control with Rear Seat Outlets. Power Assisted Steering with Multi Function Adjustable Steering Wheel & Column. Front Seats Heated. Cruise Control. Electric Drivers Seat with Memory. Autodimming Rear View Mirror. Radio/CD Multichanger. New Front & Rear Genuine Volvo Carpet Over Mats. Passenger and Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirrors. Front Cup Holders. Remote Central Locking. Factory fit Alarm/Anti Theft System. Front & Rear Armrests. Trip Computer. Information Centre. Front & Rear Headrests. Heated Rear Window. Heated Rear Seats. Built In Fridge between Rear Seats. Rear Cupholders. Extra Rear Legroom unique to the Executive Model. Electrically controlled Rear Sun Blind. Rear Glovebox. Multiple Airbags. Child Locks. Traction Control. ABS. SIPS. Space Saver Spare Wheel. Front & Rear Mudflaps. Volvo 'Aquila' Alloy Wheels with Locking Wheel Nuts. Reverse Parking Sensors.

Superior Executive Model Only Soft Leather Upholstery with Contrasting Piping and Map Pockets behind the Front Seats.

And Lots, Lots more.

Old May 20th, 2014, 09:19   #8
1948madness

Default This Thread.

Thought the question of Road Tax costs might be asked so please be advised that the car sits in Band K which costs £285 for 12 months.

Also I would like to publically thank Paffel for his generous assistance in getting this thread set up correctly for this senior citizen. He is a credit to this Forum.
Thanks a million.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1948madness For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2014, 20:01   #9
myfirstv70

Default Nice car!

I've got to say it looks like a lot of car for the money! - Good Luck with the sale!
Nobby
myfirstv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 09:52   #10
1948madness

Default Reply

Thanks for that Nobby.
It is one hell of a car so hope it goes to a loving home.
It is being advertised elsewhere including on Pistonheads, where it became live only yesterday and I have already received an enquiry with a planned visitation this afternoon.
Will keep the forum informed.
Thanks again.