Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

8 week old S60 - electrical problem not covered by warranty

Views : 11151

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 6th, 2019, 10:47   #81
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
The car is now ready for pickup! Must have been road testing yesterday.
I'd make sure you sit down with them nice and smug and calm and request you have a chat about the bolt which had been tampered with.

Send them around the corner to fill it up too!

:wq
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 01:17   #82
sammyblackbaron

How did it all go? Resolved to your satisfaction?
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 08:43   #83
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyblackbaron View Post
How did it all go? Resolved to your satisfaction?
If you don’t get some serious humble pie / apology and gesture of good will, I’d take to twitter. In fact, as soon as you have the car back, I’d do it anyway.

My tweet approach in these circumstances would be a combination of scathing, incredulous and sarcastic...works every time!!
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 14:02   #84
soupytwister
Master Member

Got the car back last weekend. Working fine now. Wiring harness issue. 1 inch thick pile of printouts of comms between Volvo and dealership they showed me so it did seem to take a while to work it all out. Cost to me was £0.00 which is what mattered! Fair play - they did apologise for the length of time it took.

Matter resolved.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soupytwister For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 15:04   #85
Driver Dave

But did they apologise for effectively blaming you over the nut issue, also did they offer some kind of goodwill gesture for taking the hire car back?

Though the have finally sorted the reason for the battery draining with no cost I would not be happy if I was treated in the way you have been.