Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Panoramic Sunroof in the XC90 - Is it worth it?

Views : 5221

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 5th, 2019, 14:52   #21
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

You not replaced your csr yet FamilyManGreg? Must be over 3 years old now.....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 15:19   #22
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
You not replaced your csr yet FamilyManGreg? Must be over 3 years old now.....
No, it became 3 years old on 7th June this year. Back in April early May we looked at another similar spec Volvo (but it would have been a B5), and test drove Q7. Touareg, Disco 5 and an A6 Avant, but in the end decided we were changing for the sake of changing, and instead paid off our finance and purchased a 2 years Volvo extended warranty. The car just felt too new still, and other than reaching 3 years, we had no reason to change.

In the cars we tested, the Q7 was a lovely ride and engine but let down by ageing tech and popup screen (not the case anymore), the Disco felt gloomy, slightly and cumbersome and the wife doesn't like the LR image. The A6 Avant was lovely, and we miss our previous A6, but looking again at the size of the boot, we'd miss an SUV at this stage in family camping and sporty life. The Touareg was the biggest surprise, we were both very impress and other than the lack of 7 seats, if offered the best combination of everything. They are however, priced too high, so you either need a 20%+ discount or a 6 month old example with the specification you want (they are looking to drop price considerably in the first 6 months on Autotrader).

In terms of the Volvo, changing to Latitude Sport 3 Acoustic was the best move ever, they changed the refinement of the car quite considerably! Now if it had a refined 6-cylinder engine to match, it would be perfect for me!

Apologies all, I think we've just taken the thread of topic. Were we done with pan roofs?

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 15:41   #23
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
No, it became 3 years old on 7th June this year. Back in April early May we looked at another similar spec Volvo (but it would have been a B5), and test drove Q7. Touareg, Disco 5 and an A6 Avant, but in the end decided we were changing for the sake of changing, and instead paid off our finance and purchased a 2 years Volvo extended warranty. The car just felt too new still, and other than reaching 3 years, we had no reason to change.

In the cars we tested, the Q7 was a lovely ride and engine but let down by ageing tech and popup screen (not the case anymore), the Disco felt gloomy, slightly and cumbersome and the wife doesn't like the LR image. The A6 Avant was lovely, and we miss our previous A6, but looking again at the size of the boot, we'd miss an SUV at this stage in family camping and sporty life. The Touareg was the biggest surprise, we were both very impress and other than the lack of 7 seats, if offered the best combination of everything. They are however, priced too high, so you either need a 20%+ discount or a 6 month old example with the specification you want (they are looking to drop price considerably in the first 6 months on Autotrader).

In terms of the Volvo, changing to Latitude Sport 3 Acoustic was the best move ever, they changed the refinement of the car quite considerably! Now if it had a refined 6-cylinder engine to match, it would be perfect for me!

Apologies all, I think we've just taken the thread of topic. Were we done with pan roofs?

My thread, and I'm happy for the change! Interesting comment you make on the A6 Avant. That's what I drive now (the 3 litre S-Line Quattro) and it really is a beautiful drive. Looking at the XC90 for the larger boot though when my lease expires in April.
Moonlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 16:02   #24
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlanders View Post
My thread, and I'm happy for the change! Interesting comment you make on the A6 Avant. That's what I drive now (the 3 litre S-Line Quattro) and it really is a beautiful drive. Looking at the XC90 for the larger boot though when my lease expires in April.
If the lack of 7 seats isn't an issue for you, take a look at Touareg, very refined and underrated in my opinion.

Old Dec 5th, 2019, 16:20   #25
Moonlanders

Quote:
If the lack of 7 seats isn't an issue for you, take a look at Touareg, very refined and underrated in my opinion.

I looked at the on-line virtual version following your original post. Even configured the spec. Not the same as sitting and driving though! It does look a nice car. It's the plug in hybrid option that is keeping me with the Volvo though.

I did hear that Audi were bringing our PHEV version of the Q7 next year, which would be interesting. I can't find any detail or a release date online though so will probably be too late for me to consider as an option for April.
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 16:48   #26
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlanders View Post
I looked at the on-line virtual version following your original post. Even configured the spec. Not the same as sitting and driving though! It does look a nice car. It's the plug in hybrid option that is keeping me with the Volvo though.

I did hear that Audi were bringing our PHEV version of the Q7 next year, which would be interesting. I can't find any detail or a release date online though so will probably be too late for me to consider as an option for April.
This one? Article suggests on sale in December, but Auto Express haven't got the best reputation for accuracy!

Old Dec 5th, 2019, 16:58   #27
Moonlanders

Quote:
This one? Article suggests on sale in December, but Auto Express haven't got the best reputation for accuracy!

Yes, that was the article I saw. Nothing yet on Audi's website to suggest price, spec or availability. It would appear a similar electric only range to the Volvo, which is a little disappointing for a new release, especially compared to the X5 (54 miles) or the promises from Mercedes (closer to 100 miles). Having said that, greater range means more batteries and therefore less boot space, again defeating the reason I am looking at the XC90.

Whichever way I look at things I keep coming back to the XC90 T8 as the best option for what I am looking for.
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 13:20   #28
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:

Same thoughts as me then. I bought mine off the lease co. at the end of the 3 year lease to my company and opted out of the scheme. Bought a 3 year warranty and am planning on running it til 6 years old then look to replace then. Just trying to keep the mileage to about 18k a year rather than the 28k a year it has been doing, so using the V60 for commuting when I can. Also trying to avoid the 1100 quid service at 144k miles with cam belt. If I stay on track it will only be 135k miles at 6 years old.....

Oh and I have been on Michelin 19s since the start so little tyre noise. Currently on Conti Winters and no noticable increase in noise.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 00:31   #29
Discoman

Quote:

I was looking at getting a Touareg but felt it was very expensive with a reasonable spec as the standard kit was poor. It was an interesting car on a zero option, take what they had in stock choice but I wanted air suspension and petrol so that made it a factory order.
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 09:56   #30
jonnyu

yes yes yes, 1000 times yes, infinity times yes