Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S80 2006

Views : 247

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2020, 15:06   #1
Chris666
Chris

Default S80 2006

So having bought a 2006 S80 D5 have had the usual Gearbox issues that i have read about on various Forums ! Having done several Gibbons method flushes , fitted an Inline filter and a Secondary Cooler , decided last month to go full on and Replace the Solenoids ! So approx 6 hours later had the New Solenoids in , Reset the Adaptions and Fluid Counter using Vida. Have driven the car about 160 miles in relatively short trips and still have an issue where it will stall at a junction after coming to a complete stop. Doesn't matter if i am turning or going straight on it will stall !| Gearbox fluid is at correct Temperature whilst on these Test Drives. Car seems to increase it's Revs to about 1600 , decides to change gear then stalls ! Does anybody have any idea what i need to do next ? Or is it just a question of driving it until the TCM/ECM relearns what it's supposed to be doing ? Thanks in Advance , a Volvo driver slowly loosing his mind !!!!|!!

Last edited by Chris666; Feb 5th, 2020 at 15:09.
Chris666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 19:52   #2
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

I've heard the term "locking torque converters", know that they have moving parts and are veined.

So they lock & unlock(?) Is this action subject to gumming up? Might yours free up?
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Georgeandkira For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 12:35   #3
Chris666
Chris

Ok so having looked at a few you tube videos i heard an interesting comment when somebody was changing their Vacuum mounts ! And basically all that was said was basically the Mounts have a relationship with the Turbo , and if the Vacuum mounts are faulty then the Turbo is not working correctly , so decided to check the mounts and Voila , Knackered ! Changed the mounts , went out on a Test drive and to my surprise No Stalling. Gearbox changes have improved and still improving with each drive ! The engine feels a little bit Feisty and has No problem when i put my foot down . On a side note , decided also when changing the mounts to Clean out EGR , as you look into the Bay , left hand Hose which goes to the Intake was a lovely black slimey mess , 2 Clothes and a can of EGR Cleaner later and Metal housing and Hose as good as new !!!!!!|
So the car did stall on me once , but i am putting this down to the relearning process !
Chris666 is offline   Reply With Quote