Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2002 S80 T6 for sale

Views : 550

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 6th, 2017, 19:46   #1
filipschlosser

Default 2002 S80 T6 for sale

Hi all,

I'm leaving the UK and although I absolutely love my car I'm thinking of selling it (depends what the response on the forum will be).

The car in question is a S80 T6 from 2002 with 118k miles on the clock. The car is used daily. I've owned it for the past 5 years and it has not let me down once! (except for the one time when the sunroof wouldn't close ). The car has always been maintained as per the manual and the drivetrain (engine + gearbox etc) is in very good technical condition. There's plenty of years/miles left on that engine and gearbox. The car is solid, a true battleship. I would take this car on a transcontinental drive through Europe (as we have done many times) without hesitation. It's a dream on the motorway, quiet, comfortable and fast if it needs to be.

Now, let's not pretend there's nothing wrong with it or that there are no signs of wear and tear. So, here's the list of things that are broken but can easily be fixed (I just never bothered to do it).

- One of the headlamp wiper motors doesn't work (the other one's been unplugged to sort of not have one wonky eye)
- wing mirrors need to be folded manually as opposed to electronically, one of them doesn't fold, the other one does.
- re the wing mirrors, I chipped the driver's side one slightly in a underground parking garage (one week after I bought the car, I was so gutted, but hey, these things apparently happen).
- A/C doesn't work (it never did), I've identified the gas leak, it's on the convector. A second hand convector would be around 50 quid apparently.
- On the rear near side door, the plastic lock pin that pops out when the door is unlocked sometimes gets stuck and then the door can only be opened from the inside.
- somewhere near the front axle there is a metallic banging noise when the car is cold, this goes away after one or two minutes driving. It's weird, it's not always there, no mechanic can figure out what it is (3 or so have tried ). I just learned to live with it, as I say, it goes away when you start driving. It only seems to happen when weight is offloaded from the front axle (i.e. when passing over a speed hump for example). Anyone know what this might be by any chance?

So, that's the list of what I think are minor things that can easily be fixed.

What have I done to the car over the years I've owned it.

- always followed the regular maintenance schedule (small and full services, stamps are in the book)
- brake discs and pads replaced in the front (about one year ago)
- brake discs, pads and handbrake shoes replaced in the back (2 months ago)
- timing belt changed (10k miles ago approx)
- replaced the bloody sunroof motor (that was such an annoyance since there's no manual override on the roof. what car doesn't have a manual override on the roof?! turns out only the S80
-master brake cylinder was replaced straight after I bought the car (I knew it had to be done when I was buying it).

After all these miles only a master brake cylinder and a sunroof motor. I'm telling you, these S80 are solid as f***.

It's got all the expected luxuries:

- auto gear box
- electric memory seats
- leather seats (no tears in any of the seats, leather in superb condition)
- heated seats (by the way, the car's heating system is phenomenal, probably all Volvo's are like that, I woudn't know since this is the first Volvo I own.)
- electric heated, folding (sometimes) mirrors with memory function
- 2 keys (seats and mirrors positions linked to individual keys, cool!)
- I've added Bluetooth audio for iphone/ipod/android connectivity on top of the standard Volvo 4 CD CD changer (who listens to CDs these days?)
- cruise control
- auto dimming rear view mirror
- 2.8 Twin Turbo inline 6, lovely!

The interior is in excellent condition.

Looking for around 1500 pounds....

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

More photos and info on request.

As I say, this is the first Volvo I own. If it gets sold I will probably stay with Volvo though. In my opinion the Swedes hit it pretty spot on when it comes to useability and reliability.
filipschlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to filipschlosser For This Useful Post:

Tags
2002, s80, s80 t6, sale