Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY21 is out now

Views : 16800

Replies : 142

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 20th, 2020, 10:41   #41
jamei305

I'd love a V60 MY21 pricelist if anyone comes across one. Volvo are very slow in updating the website.
jamei305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 11:27   #42
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamei305 View Post
I'd love a V60 MY21 pricelist if anyone comes across one. Volvo are very slow in updating the website.
MY21 V60 hasn't had the details confirmed in the UK yet - We've only had XC60/XC90/XC40 information so far.

The UK car configurator will switch to show MY21 XC40 on Monday, March
2nd - Would imagine that everything else will switch over at the same/similar timings, although XC40 is the first to have its production changed from MY20 to MY21 (mid May) where as everything else we have the info on so far isn't changing until Late May, so it may be that they hold off the other models on the configurator until a little later as we will still have MY20 allocation to sell....

As has been mentioned earlier, the changes are generally very minor on what we've been made aware of so far.

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 13:42   #43
Clan
Experienced Member

Default keyless entry

Volvo have addressed the universal security issue of keyless entry/ignition now , the latest 2021 models have a fob which goes to sleep when it is not moving ! Very good service i think .

The Wireless phone charging is an extra on some models and standard on others , You can always buy a wireless charging pad somewhere for about £10 and put it in place and plug it in the USB port though .
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 17:23   #44
DocAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Volvo have addressed the universal security issue of keyless entry/ignition now , the latest 2021 models have a fob which goes to sleep when it is not moving ! Very good service i think .
If the technology is a change to the key alone then I'd hope to see it being made available to older models as well. It's pretty fundamental.
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 18:46   #45
StewartM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocAce View Post
If the technology is a change to the key alone then I'd hope to see it being made available to older models as well. It's pretty fundamental.
Ford made a 'sleeping' fob standard on keyless Fiesta and Focus from May 2019. They said they could be supplied by the dealer for earlier Mk 8 Fiesta and Mk 4 Focus.
StewartM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 19:10   #46
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
MY21 V60 hasn't had the details confirmed in the UK yet - We've only had XC60/XC90/XC40 information so far.

The UK car configurator will switch to show MY21 XC40 on Monday, March
2nd - Would imagine that everything else will switch over at the same/similar timings, although XC40 is the first to have its production changed from MY20 to MY21 (mid May) where as everything else we have the info on so far isn't changing until Late May, so it may be that they hold off the other models on the configurator until a little later as we will still have MY20 allocation to sell....

As has been mentioned earlier, the changes are generally very minor on what we've been made aware of so far.
Hi. Does that mean that XC40 recharge pricing and specs will be available from 2nd March too?
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 08:19   #47
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Hi. Does that mean that XC40 recharge pricing and specs will be available from 2nd March too?
Please find attached the pricing/specification for MY21 XC40
Attached Files
File Type: pdf volvo-xc40-my21-edition-2.pdf (1.51 MB, 61 views)

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 09:24   #48
Lexman8
Premier Member

Wow, the Pure Electric P8 is expensive. Only one variant of it (R-Design) and that costs £53k. Fairly basic spec too so by the time you've added parking sensors, cameras, Intellisafe, heated seats, etc, you're looking at closer to £60k.

With the Tesla Model Y rumoured to be coming in at ~£45k with most stuff standard, the Volvo looks less appealing.

Couldn't see a figure for the P8 all-electric range. The Y is going to be ~300 miles.
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 11:14   #49
AB-UK
Premier Member

I've posted criticism of Volvo's colour choices before - so many variations of Gray!!!

Now there is a "Sage Green", and guess what - it looks like another shade of Gray

I suppose the real car "might" look more green from a certain angle.

However, at one time, Volvo used a proper green as in the attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Green 850.jpg (103.0 KB, 25 views)
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB-UK For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 11:31   #50
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
I've posted criticism of Volvo's colour choices before - so many variations of Gray!!!

Now there is a "Sage Green", and guess what - it looks like another shade of Gray

I suppose the real car "might" look more green from a certain angle.

However, at one time, Volvo used a proper green as in the attached image.
Volvo do extensive market research out and about with the Public worldwide , they aren't going to do colours which nobody buys ... Its called fashion apparently . I'm sure Olive green will be back one day as well as Carlsbad Yellow and California White which i love . One colour which has been with us for 50 years on and off is 019 solid black !