Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New S60 Owner

Views : 1096

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2020, 23:14   #1
MrJames

Default New S60 Owner

Well after coming to the realisation that my C70's time was at an end I started looking for another car, I looked at many from various manufacturers but I couldn't find anything I liked as much as my C70 until I found a nice looking S60!

It's a 2003 S60 SE D5 Geartronic Diesel it's done 119k service stamp every year and it's last big repair list 2 years ago included timing belt / waterpump / front shocks / rear brakes and get this.... Transmission fluid!

It's been well looked after, it even came with 2 sets of alloys, one with summer tyres the other with winter tyres, also came with a set of summer and winter mats

I've found a couple of little bits to sort, alarm service message, heated mirror on drivers side doesn't work the climate control blows different temps for passenger and driver, the only one I'm not sure on how to solve is the climate control issue?

Other than that I'll be giving it a nice big service soon along with getting the aircon serviced

Is there anything else I should look at doing for issue prevention?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89ea6fb01dfa410c99facd2e9016a033 (1).jpg (220.2 KB, 17 views)
MrJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 04:47   #2
Bashy
Aged Member

Was the water pump volvo original part? Whats the gearbox like after the cars has a good 20 minute run with a few tickles thrown in, not like Miss Daisy's driving?
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 11:42   #3
MrJames

I'm not sure if it was a genuine Volvo one or not, it's covered 17k miles since then and it's still good the gearbox is very smooth, I took it on a nice long test drive, it was an hour and a half drive back and there were no issues with the box at all
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 12:54   #4
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

Your used cars are so affordable.
How much for this one?

Often, remaining MOT is mentioned.
How much on this one?
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 12:59   #5
MrJames

I paid £1500 it still has 11 months MOT on it and it had no advisories on it's last MOT
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 13:44   #6
MrJames

Well I've fixed the climate control problem, I've also noticed an injector seal is slightly leaking so that'll be another fun job! There seems to be a nice useful tool for installing the clip on the injector, is it worth getting or possible to do it without the tool?

I was just wondering.... does anyone know if the additional transmission cooler fitted to the C70 T5 would fit the S60?

Last edited by MrJames; Feb 18th, 2020 at 14:12.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrJames For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 19:48   #7
Simmy
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
Well after coming to the realisation that my C70's time was at an end I started looking for another car, I looked at many from various manufacturers but I couldn't find anything I liked as much as my C70 until I found a nice looking S60!

It's a 2003 S60 SE D5 Geartronic Diesel it's done 119k service stamp every year and it's last big repair list 2 years ago included timing belt / waterpump / front shocks / rear brakes and get this.... Transmission fluid!

It's been well looked after, it even came with 2 sets of alloys, one with summer tyres the other with winter tyres, also came with a set of summer and winter mats

I've found a couple of little bits to sort, alarm service message, heated mirror on drivers side doesn't work the climate control blows different temps for passenger and driver, the only one I'm not sure on how to solve is the climate control issue?

Other than that I'll be giving it a nice big service soon along with getting the aircon serviced

Is there anything else I should look at doing for issue prevention?
check the handbrake shoes for delamination if these fail it can wreck the hub enjoy your new car
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 21:15   #8
MrJames

Thanks for the advice, according to the service history the rear brakes were done about 2 years ago so fingers crossed they should be good still! Are they easy to check or should I expect some swearing?

I've also realised the vacuum hoses were disconnected from the engine mounts so I'll get those ordered and replaced.

I do already miss the performance and the engine warm up time of the C70 though! Takes quite a bit longer to get warm air, glad I made sure and got a car with heated seats!
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 17:17   #9
BlueRubber
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
Well I've fixed the climate control problem
How did you fix it?
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 17:22   #10
reggit
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubber View Post
How did you fix it?
I was wondering this as well - recalibrated mine in Vida and it didn't help.