Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New V50, Commnets Please

Views : 1438

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 1st, 2005, 23:23   #1
scooby_simon

All,

Don't come here much, but I'd appreciate a little info, my dad is just about to sign on the line for a New (Sept) V50 2.0 Turbo Soot Chucker, anyone got any bad points. He loves the shape, the torque and the 6 speed 'box.

Thanks

Simon
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 00:05   #2
Rooster
Speed freak

Default RE: New V50, Commnets Please

I've got one for 4 days last week to go on a training course with and i wasn't over impressed with it, it wasn't that bad to drive but i found the 6 speed box annoying i seemed to be forever changing gear all time.

Saying that it was better than a new shape s40 i had a few months back to go on a traing course with, its a 120 mile trip and i had backache by the time i got there, not sure why cos the only differance was the v50 had leather interior and s40 didn't.

Power wise i found it quiet livly for a diesel and it managed 120 before it started to run out of steam and after 500mile it was doing around 42mpg.
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 15:52   #3
Darth Paul

Default RE: New V50, Commnets Please

We have an 05 S40 2.0 D SE and we love it. The torque is vast, the six speed box very pleasing. Delightful interior (though woefully short on storage space) and amazing sound system. Looks great on 17" wheels. Alot of wind noise from front doors (will be going back into Mr V for this one) but that's the only issue. Lovely car. We nearly got the V50, but the wife changed direction at the last minute!
Darth Paul is offline   Reply With Quote