Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Group buy for Volvotech CFE and other Volvotech products

Views : 117502

Replies : 119

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 18th, 2015, 19:37   #31
whofeelsitknowsit

I apologize for the intrusion into this thread, but would anyone who has purchased the VBB4 backup camera kit be willing to copy the instruction manual for me?

I purchased a new but never installed VBB4 kit from another forum member, but unfortunately the manual was not included and Bob at volvotech is refusing to send me one without purchasing a new kit directly from volvo tech. So, now I have the kit but no idea how to install it!
whofeelsitknowsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 20:01   #32
Theeggman

Just an update on another thread related to this on.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=223712

The free shipping deal has ended but the 'cheaper' reversing cameras are still there.

I am sorry whofeelsitknowsit I can't help in your situation. I found Bob to be very helpful.

Tim.
Theeggman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Theeggman For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 20:40   #33
C320

Quote:
Originally Posted by whofeelsitknowsit View Post
I apologize for the intrusion into this thread, but would anyone who has purchased the VBB4 backup camera kit be willing to copy the instruction manual for me?

I purchased a new but never installed VBB4 kit from another forum member, but unfortunately the manual was not included and Bob at volvotech is refusing to send me one without purchasing a new kit directly from volvo tech. So, now I have the kit but no idea how to install it!
Our group buy is still open so none of us have placed any orders. I'm sure if anyone gets a VBB they'd be willing to share the instructions though...
C320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 21:20   #34
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whofeelsitknowsit View Post

Does the original purchaser not have it to send on?
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 22:04   #35
whofeelsitknowsit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Jones View Post
Does the original purchaser not have it to send on?
He doesn't, and I didn't realize that because I was told it was coming with the instructions. The only instructions included were a wiring diagram. I think it may just be because the kit is several years old. I understand the instruction manuals are much more detailed now.
whofeelsitknowsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2015, 00:20   #36
C320

Default Additional product to be included FOC with Group Buy orders

Hi all, just got this from Volvotech:

"We've created a new product, USB charger fixed mount.
Product is online already.
http://www.volvotech.eu/usbcharger-fixed

We will offer a free set per order for your forum-group-buy friends.
(instead of spending on advertising the product we have decided to support the Volvo forum group buys in the different countries and give them for free with a iMIV, CFE, VBB or MMMi+ set.)"

Essentially it's a dual outlet USB socket which can replace the 12v socket / cigar lighter. I was going to buy something similar from ebay anyway. However, this is a nice sweetener from Volvotech.

Ideally just need a few more members to commit please so we can secure the 5% discount
Old Mar 10th, 2015, 19:04   #37
C320

Quote:
Originally Posted by C320 View Post
Hi all, just got this from Volvotech:

"We've created a new product, USB charger fixed mount.
Product is online already.
http://www.volvotech.eu/usbcharger-fixed

We will offer a free set per order for your forum-group-buy friends.
(instead of spending on advertising the product we have decided to support the Volvo forum group buys in the different countries and give them for free with a iMIV, CFE, VBB or MMMi+ set.)"

Essentially it's a dual outlet USB socket which can replace the 12v socket / cigar lighter. I was going to buy something similar from ebay anyway. However, this is a nice sweetener from Volvotech.

Ideally just need a few more members to commit please so we can secure the 5% discount
The current interest list is as follows:
  1. C320 - CFE - Happy to act as London / South East delivery hub (SE)
  2. 12345 - CFE - Beds (SE)
  3. Simon Jones: 1x CFE + 1x lead to connect video out from iMIV to RTI (exact part number to be confirmed) + 1x reversing camera lead (exact part number to be confirmed) - I can be delivery contact to cover south / south west if required. (SW)
  4. Curly59 - CFE - Stoke-on-Trent (NW)
  5. Stu Smith. - CFE - I'm between Bristol and Bath happy to collect from Simon in Salisbury (SW)
  6. VivaLaVolvo - CFE - I'll also be going for a RTI filter cable thingy to eliminate those annoying lines on the screen but that's not included in the discount. Hopefully it can be shipped for free though with the CFE - Happy to receive order for North West. Also travel around a bit so can potentially deliver or meet closer to others. (NW)
  7. craigelee - CFE, cable to factory nav unit & reverse camera kit - South East (SE)
  8. ronmanager - CFE -London (SE)

I really want a CFE unit. I'm happy to leave this for longer but I'm now not sure if we're going to get 15 units / orders.

For those who have expressed an interest, what would you prefer:

A. Wait until we have enough firm orders for the 5% discount]
B. Order what we have and just take advantage of the free shipping to 2 locations (assuming Volvotech count the additional cables etc as items )
Old Mar 11th, 2015, 16:55   #38
ronmanager

I don't mind either. I've lived without it for this long I can wait or if you need someone to make up the 5 I'll buy now for the free shipping only.
ronmanager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ronmanager For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2015, 22:17   #39
Curly59

I don't mind waiting another month or so..... Company might come up with extra if they think they will loose 8 or 9 orders?

Cheers
Old Mar 12th, 2015, 23:46   #40
C320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly59 View Post
I don't mind waiting another month or so..... Company might come up with extra if they think they will loose 8 or 9 orders?

Cheers
That's very true and they did get an order for I believe two devices from another member on here that took advantage of a discount and free shipping item on a specific product.

I'll leave it running for longer and see what else I can negotiate with VolvoTech