Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

340 GLE salon for sale only 36k

Views : 1234

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 1st, 2017, 12:00   #1
Steve Curtis
super cruising 240

Default 340 GLE salon for sale only 36k

This superb 340 GLE has been kept for best by its owner. An enthusiast of the the 300 series range he had several and this one was kept for weekend best. Very well looked after, genuine low millage and has wanted for nothing.

I am selling this car on behalf of a friend helping them to clear there now desist fathers estate. The car is in very good condition, it will come with 12 months MOT.

Exterior

The exterior is in very good shape. Panels all line up well and the paint is in very good condition. Its a very clean and tidy example. It does have a few areas that need some TLC, there is a very small amount of rust creeping through on one of the rear wheel arches, there is also a little on one of the doors but this looks like a stone ship which has gone bad and is superficial.

The underside of the car is completely solid and in fantastic condition throughout.

Engine and drive train.

The engine and drive train on this car are fantastic as you would expect from a car with such little millage. The head looks beautifully clean inside with zero wear on the cam lobes. The 1.7 engine runs well and pulls strongly through out all the gears. I have had many Volvos over the years but they have always been the bigger estate models. I have been pleasantly surprised by this 340 in terms of its drivability, much more powerful then I imagined and perfectly capable of keeping up with modern traffic. The gear box changes smoothly, clutch feels good and the suspension all rides really well.

The interior is a lovely place to be. The car has a full black leather interior which is in wonderful shape. It could no doubt do with a really good feed but its in superb condition with virtually no wear at all. All of the electrics in the car work well including the instrument cluster and windows. It has a manual sunroof which operates well and does not leak.

The car is also fitted with a stainless steal exhaust which has a life time guarantee. There is paper work, manuals and service history to go with the car.

There are a few small jobs that could be done to really improve this car and take it to the next level. However it is an excellent example which has been owned by my friends father for a long time. he bought it from a member of the Volvo owners club so it has always been well cared for.

This is a great little car with loads of character, it drives really well and would make for an excellent practical classic, daily driver or weekend show car.

Looking for £1750 on this but will listen to sensible offers. Give me a call on 07833491349 as I don't get on the forum much these days, no reasonable offer refused.

Last edited by Steve Curtis; Sep 1st, 2017 at 12:27.
Steve Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2017, 19:04   #2
360beast
Go redblock or go home

I had a look around this at retro rides, only a brief look on the N/S but the rear N/S arch is quite crusty especially where it meets the sill. I gave it a poke and it flexed easily. It would be worth photographing the arch.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote