Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 2004 1.9 Diesel Sports Classic for sale

Views : 884

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 14th, 2020, 19:05   #1
Nuddmann

Default S40 2004 1.9 Diesel Sports Classic for sale

Hi folks

I'm putting this on here first for sensible, knowledgeable and realistic people to see before braving the public on Auto Trader or Ebay!

It's with great reluctance that I'm selling my S40 as we've just had acquired an almost too good to be true second car for Mrs Nuddmann so it's now surplus to requirements and we need the drive space.

I bought this in 2016 as a stop gap after my V40 was nicked and written off and have hung onto it because it's a brilliant daily driver and workhorse, averaging 50 mpg or closer to 60 on a motorway run at legal speed limits.

Mileage 159K. MOT 30/6/2021

Silver in colour with beige leather interior with heated seats, fully working and electric sunroof, also fully working.

Factory fitted HID lights.

Tow bar fitted, although I've only ever towed my little trailer with it, but I had heavy duty springs from Parts for Volvo fitted to get it through the MOT in June this year, so if you want to tow anything bigger it's ready.

It's got lots of service history, I bought it with a gap of about 18 months in the history but I've had it serviced annually since I bought it and have all the paperwork.

Major stuff that I've had done since buying:

Clutch slave cylinder replaced 2016. Had a new clutch fitted at the same time as it's got the Volvo gear box so the whole lot had to come out anyway.

Cam belt and water pump (Gates kit) done in June 2017 at 127778 miles.

I've made sure that Ive kept on top of service and MOT advisories etc so it's nice and straight. Stuff such as track rods ends, drop links, tie rods have all been done since I had it as was a new rear brake calliper.

Air con was re-gassed in 2018.

Bodywork is in decent condition for the age, with the usual supermarket car park marks you'd expect. I did find a small patch of bubbling paint on the O/S sill today, but this looks superficial and is in one of the photos. The front spoiler does have plenty of stone chips and a few small areas of flaky paint, but nothing you wouldn't expect.

Wheels are OK. I would describe them as fair to average as the lacquer has degraded a bit in places.

Leather inside is still in good condition, usual wear and tear on the driver seat and some discolouration on the NS rear passenger seat. Still comes up nice with a clean and some Autoglym leather balm.

All the electrics work as they should, the rear parking sensors do have the occasional strange day but work normally for the majority of the time.

I'm looking for £750 or sensible offers. If this serves you as well as it has me it should go on for ages.

I've also got an iCarsoft OBD reader that I bought for about £150 this year that I can throw in for around 90 quid. It's a model that allows you to reset the SRS light, which does come on occasionally and as most of you will know is fairly common in these cars of this age. I'd recommend having this too, it does ABS as well as the standard other bits.

Car is in the CM5 post code.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can work out how to format them from Iphone!

Last edited by Nuddmann; Sep 14th, 2020 at 20:14.
Nuddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2020, 19:51   #2
gatos
Premier Member

Here are the photos of the car. Resized and uploaded on behald of Nuddman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image0.jpg (127.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (146.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (136.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (167.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg image4.jpg (105.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg image5.jpg (64.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image6.jpg (136.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg image7.jpg (100.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg image8.jpg (88.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg image9.jpg (165.9 KB, 25 views)

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2020, 19:52   #3
Nuddmann

Thanks Alex, my IT skills failed me miserably !
The Following User Says Thank You to Nuddmann For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 12:30   #4
Nuddmann

Having done some research, I realise I'd overpriced it.

Looking for £500 ono
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 20:27   #5
Nuddmann

Now sold.