Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC40 true MPG examples.

Views : 1191

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 30th, 2019, 23:28   #1
Gray1969

Default XC40 true MPG examples.

Hi all,
Just ordered a brand new xc40 yesterday, and expect it to be ready for us sometime in December, very excited and can't wait.
Decided to go for the R design T4 petrol automatic 2 litre.
Upgraded to 19" alloys, went for black onyx metallic paint, and added the winter pack and convenience pack.
Got what I believe to be a very good deal, in that they matched the best offer I had found on what car, meaning a discount of about £3500 (10.4%)
The only thing that is a slight worry is I keep seeing reviews of people not happy with the MPG, what kind of figures are you getting from yours?
I currently drive a 2 litre petrol Mazda 3 sport nav which we have had from new, is now 4 and a half years old with 40,000 on the clock, over that time we are averaging 36.6mpg combined.
I would be more than happy to achieve this or somewhere near it with the Volvo, but some people seem to be suggesting mid 20s

Do you find a big difference using the different drive modes, say from comfort to eco?

Cheers all.
Gray1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2019, 07:49   #2
inchindown
Futurist

I have a Momentum T4 Auto new in May of this year.

I get about 29/30 around town and around 37 on a longer journey, say 30 miles on good roads. I don't do very long trips and there are no motorways around where I live. I do most of my driving around town, so my average MPG over the life of the car is quite low at 32. I carry quite a bit of weight in the car, so that likely affects the fuel figures.

I estimate that I get an extra 2 MPG per tank full, measured over 2 tanks full, when using ECO compared to Comfort setting. I've not used the other settings much. I find the car a bit sluggish on Eco mode, especially when pulling away from junctions. but it's OK otherwise.

I was aware that the MPG of the XC40 was not as good as many cars in the same class before I bought it, so I'm not disappointed by what I get. I'm not a high mileage driver, so MPG was never the most important factor in my decision to buy.
inchindown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 18:55   #3
anotherv60
Master Member

I have the T4 AWD Auto and over 2250 miles I’ve averaged a consistent 34 MPG, we even managed to top 50MPG on holiday with a full car: two kids, boot full and bikes on the roof and tow bar. So it’s possible to drive it efficiently. The coast function works well if you can make use of it but you must be in eco mode. The Volvo on Call app is useful for beating your previous days commute mpg :-)

You’ll love the car it’s really fantastic piece of engineering!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ABB6D341-470D-4E3A-93A4-11DD8F10E224.jpeg (80.7 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by anotherv60; Oct 5th, 2019 at 19:02.
anotherv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 18:58   #4
anotherv60
Master Member

I have the T4 AWD Auto and over 2250 miles I’ve averaged a consistent 34 MPG, we even managed to top 50MPG on holiday with a full car kids and bikes on the roof and tow bar. So it’s possible to drive it efficiently. The coast function works well if you can make use of it but you must be in eco mode. The Volvo on Call app is useful for beating your previous days commute mpg :-)

You’ll love the car it’s really fantastic piece of engineering!