Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

iPhone to unlock car

Views : 2250

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 7th, 2020, 13:33   #21
Milliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5Warrior View Post
Then you need an Android phone, unlock with fingerprint, press unlock on VOC widget, confirm with fingerprint < 2 seconds, done.

I don't get this faffing around with folders that Apple force on everyone.
Doesn't need to be in a folder on iPhone at all, but you can put it in a folder if you want to.

If you use force touch (ooh-err missus), you can unlock it with 2 presses. Or, use the widget as you do on Android.
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 21:08   #22
Williemaykit

It will be a feature of the Polestar 2 so I assume it will be filled out to the rest of the brand eventually

Volvo recently did market research on the idea via an Incite survey
Williemaykit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 23:28   #23
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5Warrior View Post
Then you need an Android phone, unlock with fingerprint, press unlock on VOC widget, confirm with fingerprint < 2 seconds, done.

I don't get this faffing around with folders that Apple force on everyone.
iPhone has a widget available for Volvo. It has buttons to start the car, flash lights and unlock. Also has fuel range info etc.
Just swipe right from the home screen to access the widgets. Arrange widgets so that your car is at the top of widget list.

Great idea to use phone as the car key. The least things I need to remember to carry, the better and my phone always takes priority. It is my calendar of pending events, my phone, my notebook, diary, calculator, email and internet, credit card, voice memo recorder and casual camera. Also my high street of shops, research tool, price comparison tool, social media interaction, map and route planner, reminder, music player for both stored and streamed music, library of books and magazines and photo album, ticket and hotel booking device and more.

Now itcould also be my car key for keyless entry and driving. Bring it on!

Last edited by Quacker; Feb 14th, 2020 at 23:39.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 10:28   #24
Lexman8
Premier Member

Six remote functions are available via an Apple Watch so you don't even have to get the phone out of your pocket. However, you still need a key to 'fully' start the car.

And there are also several smart-speaker commands if you can't be @rsed to lift your arm :

"OK Google, ask Volvo On Call to turn on the heating in my car"

"Alexa, ask Volvo On Call if I locked the doors in my car"

etc.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_1652.jpg (88.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Img_1653.jpg (119.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Img_1654.jpg (122.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Img_1655.jpg (107.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Img_1656.jpg (115.4 KB, 14 views)