Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Music control on an iPod via the car controls

Views : 607

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 15th, 2020, 12:53   #1
xsaab
Master Member

Default Music control on an iPod via the car controls

I have 12 or 13 days worth of music on the iPod which is connected to the car via the USB socket in the storage space between the front seats.

The music plays fine but the selection process is strange. It appears to be random sequence of tracks. AS most of the music is classical and the sequence of the tracks is significant this is not too helpful, apart from reminding one of tracks possibly not heard for several years.

So how do you control the music on the iPod?

Thanks for any info
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 13:08   #2
Ukwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsaab View Post
I have 12 or 13 days worth of music on the iPod which is connected to the car via the USB socket in the storage space between the front seats.

The music plays fine but the selection process is strange. It appears to be random sequence of tracks. AS most of the music is classical and the sequence of the tracks is significant this is not too helpful, apart from reminding one of tracks possibly not heard for several years.

So how do you control the music on the iPod?

Thanks for any info
You should be able to go into the cars music system settings and toggle between sequential and random track selection..
Ukwide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukwide For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 20:48   #3
Berkshirebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukwide View Post
You should be able to go into the cars music system settings and toggle between sequential and random track selection..
Never seen that before.
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 21:59   #4
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Not knowing which iPod, it could be the iPod or software is not compatible with the Sensus system! The reason I say this is I had the same problem. I have a iPod Nano 2nd gen. which was running the latest IOS that was applicable to that version (10.0 I think, but wouldn't upgrade any further). In my XC60 MY16 with the previous Sensus it played with no issues and had full functionality including steering wheel controls. Now i have a '90' series car with the new Sensus it doesn't work in the same way, no control via the steering controls and if I manually select tracks it will play something at random. All the Tracks, Albums, Artists etc., show up in the library, it just wouldn't play what I selected. For Christmas I received a iPod Touch (running IOS12.4.5) and everything works fine again, hence the reason I think it could be a compatibility issue.

Mike
Old Feb 16th, 2020, 11:31   #5
Ukwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshirebob View Post
Never seen that before.
My 2010 S80 D5 SE Lux has this feature on the cars music system, I use it all the time.
Ukwide is offline   Reply With Quote