Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Volvo Car Press Releases

Notices

Volvo Car Press Releases A selection of press releases from The Volvo Car Corporation

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2016 Volvo XC60 Release Date / CO2

Views : 10143

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 29th, 2015, 21:07   #1
PhillyS

Default 2016 Volvo XC60 Release Date / CO2

I'm in the process of choosing my new company car and am very close to deciding on the current 2015 XC60 R Design model - lovely looking car, good space and reasonable C02 emissions for BIK company car tax.

However, I have been reading that the new XC60 will come out in 2016 (not sure when available to order or when it is released into the showrooms).

Been researching but can't find anything on the CO2 emissions for the new model. Has anyone read anything or give me some advice?

The way cars are becoming more efficient I would be surprised if the new 2016 model isn't more efficient which makes a big saving for company car drivers.

Any websites or info on C02 emissions for the new 2016 model would be welcomed.

Thanks
PhillyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2015, 22:19   #2
Brodick
Master Member

There may be a few tweaks to the 2015 my cars but I wouldn't expect any big changes. The all new Volvo XC60 is thought to be coming out mid to end of next year. Be careful though as there is a lot of mis-information floating around you tube and even some of the press (making it up as they go along).

Best thing - go to a Volvo dealer acting as a normal punter (no need to mention that they probably won't be getting your business.

From memory the XC60my changes around the end march with the first cars appearing May/June
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2015, 10:48   #3
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

We haven't been told of any major changes. Don't think the new 4cyl D5 engine is going into the XC60 and it won't be getting a major facelift/remodel for at least 18 months. Would imagine the Model year change will be a few tweaks in spec and no doubt a price increase (if past years are anything to go by....)

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2015, 22:28   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
We haven't been told of any major changes. Don't think the new 4cyl D5 engine is going into the XC60 and it won't be getting a major facelift/remodel for at least 18 months. Would imagine the Model year change will be a few tweaks in spec and no doubt a price increase (if past years are anything to go by....)
Interesting - do you think that with the new Euro regs from Sept 15 that Volvo will/can re-map the existing 5cyl D5 to make it Euro 6 compatible and thus continue to offer a XC60 in AWD mode until the new model comes in 2017?
I just cannot see them dropping the AWD version or making all the changes to give an electric rear motor option for the AWD element when a whole new model on the new SP2 platform is only 2 years away.......but I hope to be proven wrong as I want to order now my next XC60 D5 AWD