Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pitlochry 'Meet & Run' Sunday 26th April

Views : 6101

Replies : 61

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 22:18   #21
Dibble
VOC Member

Default The Freelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_TD View Post
LOL @ SAAB driver being forgiven and LOL even more at the implication that the Freelander driver wasn't. Would a Citroen Xantia be allowed?

The Volvo is coming from my father. He was going to trade it in for an ex-demo Peugeot (which hasn't even started being a demo yet, hence the wait until July) but I couldn't let it disappear for the £250 they were giving him. It's a 1995 940S 2.4TD Estate. Quite a rare car I believe.
Hi Richard, the Freelander owner was also forgiven especially as his other car is a Volvo but he didn't think it would manage to complete the trip. Hence the Freelander.
Bring along the Citroen. At least they have decent diesel engines! And we will look forward to seeing the 940S.
See you at Pitlochry.
Cheers
Dibble
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 22:40   #22
commanderlg

Pitlochry Festival Theatre Car Park, Sunday 26 April @ 12:30.

Will be there, work commitments permitting [my hospital first, self second!]

"Road sense is the offspring of courtesy and the parent of safety".
Australian Traffic Rule, quoted by Maud van Buren
commanderlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 22:25   #23
Mitchy
MY09 V70 R-design

We still plan on being there, but Alex has had a date through from the hospital for his heart op, and it is the morning after this run, so he may not be feeling up to it.

Will let you know the day before.

M
Mitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 21:01   #24
graham.p

although im a newbie to volvo/forums i will be there 100% with my v70 classic.looking forward to and meeting guys n gals interested in their cars.
graham.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 22:07   #25
kev240
Master Member

Thumbs up

Looking good for Pitlochry, so far the following have indicated they will be coming :

Dibble
Ton377
Jim760
Mitchy
Malcolmk
Migrator
Commanderlg
Graham.p
RichardTD
Kev240

Plenty room for more, would like this to be a good turnout for the first outing of the Scottish Section in 2009, and to support 'Drive It Day'
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Cheers,
Kevin.
kev240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 20:59   #26
kev240
Master Member

Smile

Just back from a run up the A827 on Loch Tay side, to check out the route for Sunday 26th, there is a Forestry Commision Picnic Site at Dalerb which is described as :- 'A large, peaceful, lightly wooded and grassy picnic site beside Loch Tay, with secluded loch front picnic tables and barbeque stances, also an interesting capercaillie statue'. Plenty of car parking all on the level, but the toilet block was closed today, (Easter Sunday!!), it is 20 miles from Pitlochry just past Kenmore on the A827.
Killin is 37 miles from Pitlochry, and hosts the usual shops, cafes etc for anyone interested in a longer run.
Hope we have good picnic weather.
Cheers,
Kevin.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 22:25   #27
Richard_TD
Master Member

If this hare-brained scrappage scheme goes ahead, which seems a foregone conclusion, I won't be getting the Volvo after all. It also means I am unlikely ever to own another car once my current one expires.
Richard_TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 20:32   #28
kev240
Master Member

Smile

Looks like Pitlochry is going to be busy on Sunday 26th, both the Glenisla Classic Car Club, and the Wolsley Register are meeting up there as well !
These clubs are meeting up in the morning, and plan to move on by 12:30, so if you want to view these cars you better turn up early. George who is the chairman of the Glenisla club runs a Volvo 164, and he plans to hold back and meet us there.
Hope the good weather remains, see you all soon.
Kevin
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 21:50   #29
nick_ovlov
VOC20556

hi kev,

been delayed in posting on here for various reasons, but it lookes as if ill be making this one.

not in my car though. its needing attention on various places since 1000 miles or so after a long period off the road.

ive got a few issues to address, leaky clutch slave cylinder, leaky diff cover, clogged breather. brake service etc etc it goes on.

hope to see everyone there,

and possibly theres going to be a 240 other than kevins there? so i dont feel quite so bad about the state of mine

Nick
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 20:05   #30
Jim760
Mr G

90% chance i am there.. the 760 is telling me ive driven it too much recently, starting to run like a bag of w**k and quite possably related, its leaking fuel. will try address the problems, but if i need parts i may be ul the creek without a paddle!. wish me luck.
cheers
Jim
Jim760 is offline   Reply With Quote