Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ordered my first VOLVO - XC90

Views : 1196

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2017, 23:21   #11
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan8c View Post
I am hoping for the end of March but maybe before. I have the park assist as it is part of the Zenium pack. When I looked at the prices of the extras with the Zenium Pack and the extras as singles it worked out at only about £400 more and you get the sunroof etc. which costs over a grand on its own + the all round cameras. I have caravan so I need to see to get past it as it is a tight fit on the drive and in the garage. Also as I am in the Caravan Club the dealer gave me the metallic paint free and knocked a few hundred off the extras as per the CC deal. saved around £4500 on the list price (including the towbar factory fitted semi electric).
Good stuff. £4500 is a good discount.

Hope everything goes well. its a great car. love it

I see you are from Lincoln, I too got my car from Lincoln.
Was a good 200 mile drive back to home on the first day

Last edited by BTXC90; Jan 24th, 2017 at 23:24.
BTXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 01:36   #12
pagan8c
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
Good stuff. £4500 is a good discount.

Hope everything goes well. its a great car. love it

I see you are from Lincoln, I too got my car from Lincoln.
Was a good 200 mile drive back to home on the first day
I have found them to be a good garage to deal with and I had my XC70 serviced there on there monthly payment system which worked out well for me. They are very friendly and have done a couple of small jobs on the XC 70 and didn't charge. When I traded this in they also gave me a good price and stuck to it. I will keep with them as from all the other garages I contacted they were the best priced and easy to deal with.
I am glad to hear you are happy with your car and I am looking forward to getting mine as is my wife who likes big cars . What also appealed to me was that when I wanted a test drive they just gave me the keys and set take it for a couple of hours and see if it fits in the garage etc. I hate those garages that give you a 2 mile drive with the salesman in tow on a set route as this doesn't give you a chance to see how it really is in everyday use.

Last edited by pagan8c; Jan 25th, 2017 at 01:40.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 10:35   #13
Thorien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXC90 View Post
ok cool.

I haven't seen many sunroof leak issues etc in the UK.

Anyway inscription comes with a spec. Happy waiting

Thanks, quick question, I note from your sig the Polestar Mod - just wondering does it actually make much difference to the way the car drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoman View Post
Congrats.Do bear in mind there are alot of happy XC90 owners who have no issues at all with their cars.

The vocal( grumpy) minority( to which I proudly belong),may sometimes make it seem it is all bad.

For all its flaws,I love my X90. There is a feeling of wholesomeness and well-being I get driving the car, I am addicted to.

Thanks I must admit I'm really looking forward to receiving it and will be posting lots of pics when I pick it up. It's got to be the best looking seven seater around - to my eyes at least.
Thorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 12:49   #14
BTXC90

[QUOTE=Thorien;2226577]Thanks, quick question, I note from your sig the Polestar Mod - just wondering does it actually make much difference to the way the car drives?

Polestar has been discussed a few times on the forum, pointing you to an old thread. Have a read

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=257393
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 18:10   #15
Thorien

Interesting thanks. I looked up the polestar website and the difference in HP and torque seemed negligible on the D5. Its therefore always good to know how it actually effects things in reality. The remapping to give more even power and more responsive gear changes sounds quite good. I think I'll see how I get on with the regular gearbox and engine mapping of the powerpulse first and consider the polestar tune up at a later date.
Thorien is offline   Reply With Quote