Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 Arrived - At Last...

Views : 764

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 31st, 2017, 23:45   #11
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxSven View Post
The car finally arrived on Friday 27th January. Delivered by Riverside Volvo in Doncaster. Very professional drop off service.
I have had a few days to get used to the car and did my first sizeable trip in it to Welwyn Garden City this morning. I have got to say that my apprehension regarding the car was completely unfounded (I hadn’t driven one before ordering). So far every aspect of it is stunning. The interior is every bit as good as I had read, it oozes quality and is truly a relaxing place to be. The engine (D4) and gearbox in my opinion are every bit as good as the Germans, (if not better). Gear changes are seamless and the engine noise disappears once you are rolling. Handling is awesome far better than my previous 5 series, this could be down to the car being more suited to my driving requirements. I have to say that I can tell the difference between being pushed along by a rear wheel drive car and being pulled by a front wheel drive. If I am honest I think I prefer rear drive. However once the snow hits I will be glad for the front wheel drive…

The tech on board is unbelievable. I thought the Pilot Assist would be a little bit of a gimmick. Its not. Once you get over the trust issues it is fabulous. Six hours of driving today, felt like two. Its relaxing and allows you to be focussed, but not over focussed if that makes sense? The only issue I found today was when the hard shoulder markings on the A1 broke up, I was in place immediately to pick up the pieces. The setting on the road of the car is faultless. I had read that it would sit to the left on the road. It doesn’t it sits bang central to the lane. The best bit is when you are in stop start traffic, its just fab! It takes a load of stress out of the equation. It is definitely the future!

I love the Spotify app. Telephone clear as a bell. Interior lighting so relaxing in the dark – I love the fact that you can choose the lighting mood. Space in the back is immense I never realised it to be so big. Sat Nav seems to work – I would love to know how you get a screen giving you time and distance remaining in one pane. Any ideas? I am still learning. I do agree that the Sensus system is really intuitive – once you have done something its really easy to repeat and find your way about.

Anyway I am waxing lyrically and could go on all night – I won’t. I am sold - thanks Volvo.

All you guys out their, waiting for your car – Keep the faith, its worth the wait…
Congrats. Have fun

post some pics when you find time

Last edited by BTXC90; Jan 31st, 2017 at 23:50.
BTXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2017, 23:49   #12
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Very pleased for you.
I was starting to feel lonely on this forum, but new owners of a V90 are starting to appear.
I am also happy with the load space.
Only real criticism, comes from XC/V70 owners.
Enjoy.

tem.
just went on to volvo UK website to check details of the V90 CC

They call it S90 'Typo'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 23.48.32.jpg (54.4 KB, 28 views)