Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2016 t8

Views : 1049

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2017, 23:15   #1
Mx5

Default 2016 t8

I bought this 2nd hand in December, really like it when it works BUT......

Rear climate. This is very poor, it uses the same fan as front row climate and to get any heat at all through the centre tunnel vents the front fan needs to be at max. At max airflow or speed 5 in middle row the pillar vents flow a tiny bit of warm air when set at max and engine up to temp.

The 3rd row is a joke. Only cold air through offside vent in heating and no air through drivers side. This row does have its own fan and it's working but no heat. This fan only has a cooling coil from the a/c too. Not sure how this row is supposed to heat.

The rear climate was a feature that made me go for the t8. It's pretty useless imo.

The car also has a subwoofer that does nothing on any sound input.

I also had a brake service warning that took 2 weeks to sort from the day I called Volvo. 1 week waiting for a slot to check it, I was then advised it would probably take a week to fix before they knew what was wrong. After this I switched dealers who diagnosed the problem as a air leak due to a o ring failing. In fairness the 2nd dealer ordered the part and gave me a replacement xc90 while I waited for the part. Still took a week.

As I said at start I do like this car, interior is super, active led lights amazing and I am very impressed with the hybrid smoothness and efficiency. But there are a lot of negative reviews on the Volvo forums, much more than the seat forum I also browse. i think the amount of negative posts and questions people post here reflects very badly on volvos after sales service.

Come on Volvo, get your act together.
Mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 14:35   #2
GJB
Premier Member

Appears that Ireland has a problem with trained Volvo mechanics as posts on here have noted before.
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 18:24   #3
tawang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx5 View Post

The car also has a subwoofer that does nothing on any sound input.
Try to adjust tone with subwoofer bar and you should notice the difference for selected songs. If not, you do need software update.
tawang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 21:03   #4
Mx5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawang View Post
Try to adjust tone with subwoofer bar and you should notice the difference for selected songs. If not, you do need software update.
Thanks for posting, I tried doing that and it makes no difference in any sound input or song. I also cannot feel any bass from the rear right of the car where the sub is situated. I'm certain it's not working or connected.
Old Jan 25th, 2017, 22:37   #5
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks for posting, I tried doing that and it makes no difference in any sound input or song. I also cannot feel any bass from the rear right of the car where the sub is situated. I'm certain it's not working or connected.
Hi, I have a sub and while it's not in your face but more subtle, it certainly does make a difference. If you can't notice any difference when moving the slider from one extreme to the other then surely there must be something wrong. What music Source are you trying it on??

Note that the sub isn't located at the rear right of the car, but under the drivers seat.

I'm very happy with the quality of the sound from my system with the additional sub, it beats a Bose system I had an Audi A6.

:wq
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 07:49   #6
Konst

Quote:
After the last software update, my subwoofer is perhaps a little more audible, but still not making a huge difference when moving the slide.
I don't know if you have the B&W system or the standard with additional subwoofer, the B&W "fresh air" subwoofer is located on the rear right side as you say. The technician told me this type of frame-built subwoofer is using the whole car frame for bass resonance and therefore it doesn't give the feeling the bass are coming from it rear right side location.
MY17 XC90 D5 Inscription 7 seats, Electric silver/charcoal, 21"wheels,Walnut,leather dash,Luxury pack ventilated+massage, 4 zone clim pack,Xenium Pack, VOC+modem, sunroof, Winter pro Pack Auxiliary Fuel Heater+HUD,Business+ pack with B&W +DAB

Last edited by Konst; Jan 26th, 2017 at 07:53.
Konst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2017, 08:53   #7
Mx5

Thanks for the replies on the sub, its the standard sound system and I did notice a box under the driver seat. I thought it was a ecu or something.

There is no difference at all when using the slider on the sensus in any music mode. ie Dab, bluetooth, usb.

Also if I slide the bass tab i can hear a big difference. I also tried sliding the bass tab to min and sub to max on the same song. No bass at all. I'm sure this proves its not working.

Anyway, this is just a minor problem and cant be hard to fix. The climate however will probably require taking the inside trim out which I wouldn't be happy about as they never go back perfect due to the fixing used.
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 09:11   #8
shortword

Quote:
Thanks for the replies on the sub, its the standard sound system and I did notice a box under the driver seat. I thought it was a ecu or something.

There is no difference at all when using the slider on the sensus in any music mode. ie Dab, bluetooth, usb.

Also if I slide the bass tab i can hear a big difference. I also tried sliding the bass tab to min and sub to max on the same song. No bass at all. I'm sure this proves its not working.

Anyway, this is just a minor problem and cant be hard to fix. The climate however will probably require taking the inside trim out which I wouldn't be happy about as they never go back perfect due to the fixing used.
I'm not sure Greg is correct on the location. Whats under the driver's side, at least on my MY17 T8 is the Amp that powers the unit. Not sure where the sub is to be honest. But I get decent bass out of mine.

If I ever get it back, I can give you a listen sometime to compare!
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 09:25   #9
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortword View Post
I'm not sure Greg is correct on the location. Whats under the driver's side, at least on my MY17 T8 is the Amp that powers the unit. Not sure where the sub is to be honest. But I get decent bass out of mine.

If I ever get it back, I can give you a listen sometime to compare!
Agree, the box under the drivers seat does look a bit more like an amp than a sub. However, I've definitely read somewhere that the separate sub (not the B&W) is installed under one of the front seats. There is nothing under the passenger seat in my car, so I concluded that the box under the drivers seat must be part of it.

Happy to be told otherwise!

:wq
Old Jan 27th, 2017, 13:24   #10
Mx5

I had a look at the box under the drivers seat, there is a lot of electrical connections for a sub. There is also no bass coming from it, although in my case that doesn't confirm its not a amp/sub/