Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Real-world photos of XC90 colours

Views : 2685

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2017, 13:58   #1
Torshen

Default Real-world photos of XC90 colours

Does anybody have (or know of) any decent real-world photos of XC90 colour options? Ideally side-by-side? You'd think somebody somewhere would have just lined up one of each colour and taken a pic with all of them in the frame (so under same lighting) but I can't find anything like that.

Ideally looking for pics of both greys and both silvers as everything else is fairly easy to imagine / tell the difference.

Possibly going to change the colour of my order, not sure.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 14:08   #2
NickHoward

This is the best colour chart I've found so far -

http://flyvolvo.com/allnewXC90exteriorcolors.htm

Past:MY15 XC60 D4 R-Design Lux Nav, Black
NickHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NickHoward For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 14:44   #3
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHoward View Post
This is the best colour chart I've found so far -

http://flyvolvo.com/allnewXC90exteriorcolors.htm
Nice chart. When I was choosing, I relied on google image searches and auto trader adverts.

Also, worth a wonder around your dealers forecourt, as not all colours (if any) are exclusive to the XC90. We were able to look at an XC60 and V70 in Saville Grey for example.

My dealer also had colour samples on the wall which you could move around, while not great as they were only smallish swatches, you could at least see them all in the same light.

:wq
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 15:14   #4
Torshen

Cheers Greg, that's exactly what I plan to do at the weekend. Just wanted to see if there were any useful pics / resources online too. Cheers.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 16:39   #5
jamiemac69

I have found our Magic blue is very dark, you only really see any blueness in bright light. It does however have a lovely sparkle to it!
XC90 Inscription D5 AWD - 467 Magic Blue Blonde - July 2015 - acquired at 11,000 miles - Exterior Styling kit 4 ("Rugged Luxury") - Winter Pack - Intellisafe pro - Rear camera retro fitted (MUST HAVE!) - upgraded to PA2
jamiemac69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 16:54   #6
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemac69 View Post
I have found our Magic blue is very dark, you only really see any blueness in bright light. It does however have a lovely sparkle to it!
I saw a Bursting Blue R-Design parked on West Park in Harrogate on Sunday afternoon, looked stunning in cloudy low light!

Saville Grey looked to have a bit of a green tinge to it when we looked at an XC60 in bright sunlight at the dealers.

:wq
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 17:15   #7
NickHoward

Colour is clearly very subjective, but this link is similar to how I feel (the descriptions more so than the actual pictures).

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/2015-v...0-colour-guide

I'm not a huge fan of white cars in general.

I've seen a fair few of the colours over the past week, and really like the Electric Silver on the XC90.

The Black is pretty standard (can't really go wrong with Black) - The Bursting Blue looks amazing, and the Magic Blue is beautiful in the right light.

Past:MY15 XC60 D4 R-Design Lux Nav, Black
NickHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 18:26   #8
FooMan
First time Volvo owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHoward View Post
really like the Electric Silver on the XC90
So do I
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2835.JPG (314.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3123.jpg (193.2 KB, 49 views)
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 18:26   #9
AB-UK
Premier Member

I have Electric Silver on my Mk1, and it really is the nicest Silver you can see - imho of course
It has a nice sparkle to it.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 22:16   #10
NandM

I'd love to see more member pics of the magic blue, sand and bronze
NandM is offline   Reply With Quote