Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Water drips from interior light?

Views : 28351

Replies : 157

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 21st, 2019, 20:58   #131
Bedders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Just had mine replaced and all they asked was if I had something similar to this in the bottom right corner of the screen:

Hope that helps?

When I get my car back I will take a photo for you.

I have that, fingers crossed that will be enough to get it replaced in good faith. I'll ring up the nearest dealer.
Bedders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 21:02   #132
Bedders

Quote:
Originally Posted by apersson850 View Post
It's different at different times and at different dealers.
They have to get the information Volvo centrally requires to cover the cost. And the demands from Volvo change over time, depending on how many frauds they are exposed to.

I contacted Volvo directly hoping they would hold the data of all factory and retailer fitted windows to a particular car.
Sadly they directed me to a retailer to have it looked at.

Here's hoping...
Bedders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2019, 21:06   #133
Scalix

Hello,

I think I can join the club... My 56 plate S80 is full of water somewhere behind the dash. I can ear the sloshing noise all time

Do you think volvo can helpa bit for the bill or the car is far too old ?
Scalix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 15:01   #134
jimmyocharlie

Hi,

If its the ORIGINAL screen and the bond has failed, you could be ok.

My screen could be pushed away about 10mm.

I contacted Volvo UK, by phone. Once I had a contact there, I emailed and then took all the info to my local dealer.

Good luck!
jimmyocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 18:40   #135
The AngryHippy

Hi, my V70, also an 08 has this exact problem. This morning it was actually raining from the interior light console....the car also has a recently failed climate control module, I'm assuming the two are related. Unbelievably frustrating.
The AngryHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2020, 12:52   #136
jimmyocharlie

Ring up Volvo Uk and get someone to take responsibility for this.

I did and got my V70 sorted and a V90 for 2 weeks while they fixed it.
jimmyocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2020, 16:25   #137
Priory

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60D5185 View Post
Hi
As anyone else noticed water dips from their interior light console after being parked up? Mine's a 2008 V70 and doesn't have a sunroof. It was parked nose down on a sloping drive, I noticed the gearshift gaitor was wet then the droplets coming from the lights above?
I had the windscreen checked for my 2011 XC70, same fault, apparently some problem across a few models, bonding failure, taken out and rebonded, paid for by Volvo uk, check with them.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 12:47   #138
Boff

I took my '08 V70 D5 in yesterday for the seatbelt recall.
When I got in the car to take it in I noticed the passenger footwell was wet and on the way, water dripped out of the light above the rear view mirror. It had been parked pointing slightly downhill and it had rained a bit. I told the dealer about this at they checked it and simply said the bonding round the windscreen had gone. There was an estimate on the report to "replace windscreen" for £626.40 and they'd need the car for 2 days which seems excessive since the windscreen is fine and would, presumably, only need to be taken out and put back in having been re-bonded.
Also, I'm not particularly knowledgeable about these things but aren't windscreens "structural"? In which case, even though my car's 13 years old now, I'd expect this not to be an issue as I've never had it on any other car. Is this therefore something Volvo should probably sort as an act of goodwill? I asked how serious it was and was told that if I don't get it fixed it will keep flooding the car and will fry the electrics.
Boff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boff For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 16:43   #139
Tatsfield
Premier Member

This job should be paid for by Volvo as it is caused by faulty assembly on the production line. Many owners on this forum have had Volvo rebond the screens free of charge. The only caveat is that if the dealer breaks the screen, you are liable for the cost but otherwise it's all down to them. Tell the dealer this is the situation and that he should speak to Volvo about it. If he tries to charge you, drop them and find another dealership.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 13:20   #140
apersson850
Premier Member

I got a new screen fitted at no charge by Volvo, when this happened to me. I acutally got two screens and two replacements for free, since it was discovered that there was a fault with the first replacement screen I got.
At that time my car was more than five years old and had travelled some 180000 km.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote