Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 B6P discontinued

Views : 840

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 6th, 2024, 12:20   #1
MK09

Default XC90 B6P discontinued

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but looks like the B6P engine available in XC90 Ultimate / Ultra trim is no more for the 2025MY. The Ultra model is now available in the T8 Recharge or B5P engines.

From what I’ve seen the B6P is as rare as rocking horse poo anyway. Nearly all newer Ultimate models seem to be T8s.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 21:41   #2
Discoman

Yes noticed that on the new price list. They also are still not doing options so the prices are increasingly uncompetitive even with discounts IMHO.
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 21:51   #3
Murph7355

Depends what you're comparing to I guess....

With the 9k+ "contributions" they seem pretty comparable to me. Cars are simply expensive these days. Probably should always have been.
Murph7355 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 22:20   #4
Greenback78

I have a B6P. Lovely stealth fast car. But drinks petrol!
Greenback78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 13:07   #5
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post

With the 9k+ "contributions" they seem pretty comparable to me. Cars are simply expensive these days. Probably should always have been.
They're only expensive because of PCPs where you never own a car. Remove that goes back to a sensible hire purchase method and see them tumble.

What are they comparable to? In most peoples eyes volvo sit lower than bmw, merc so should be cheaper.

Last edited by James77; Apr 7th, 2024 at 13:11.
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 20:33   #6
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post

I see it differently with auto firms earning high margins and trying to have an easy life by denying options on cars to force you up the price curve.

I agree with others that Volvo should be cheaper than the German brands, especially given how old the XC90 and 60 are now. For the prices they charge I want six cylinders on a pure petrol car and can get that on the German makes. As I said a few weeks ago, a base Cayenne with some options is now better value than an a top end petrol XC90.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 09:18   #7
James77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
I see it differently with auto firms earning high margins and trying to have an easy life by denying options on cars to force you up the price curve.

I agree with others that Volvo should be cheaper than the German brands, especially given how old the XC90 and 60 are now. For the prices they charge I want six cylinders on a pure petrol car and can get that on the German makes. As I said a few weeks ago, a base Cayenne with some options is now better value than an a top end petrol XC90.
Presume Volvo have plans to replace the 60/90 soon being old in model terms? Both great cars and still look great but love it or hate it they need to move to a single dash filling screen and remove even more buttons. Or maybe they'll eek them out until they go 100% electric.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 09:38   #8
vonRypp

As I understood from Volvo's communication, MY25 PHEV cars will have a facelift and it wasn't 100% clear but maybe the MHEVs will also receive it.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 12:46   #9
wynnj
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
they need to move to a single dash filling screen and remove even more buttons.
I, and I'm sure many others no longer in their first flush of youth, would prefer more not fewer buttons, but realise it's like peeing into the wind - the only result is wet shoes.
Touch screens may be perfect for those that come out of the womb with a digital device in their hands, but for some, making small adjustments to e.g. the temperature, whilst perfectly easy with a rotary knob is a distraction when you have to tap and tap and tap to get to what you want to do. I know most dinosaurs are dead but some of us are still just about plodding on. The one thing you can be sure about though is that manufacturers don't add screens for our benefit, it's to make their jobs easier but charge us more for the function.
wynnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 16:21   #10
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynnj View Post
I, and I'm sure many others no longer in their first flush of youth, would prefer more not fewer buttons, but realise it's like peeing into the wind - the only result is wet shoes.
Touch screens may be perfect for those that come out of the womb with a digital device in their hands, but for some, making small adjustments to e.g. the temperature, whilst perfectly easy with a rotary knob is a distraction when you have to tap and tap and tap to get to what you want to do. I know most dinosaurs are dead but some of us are still just about plodding on. The one thing you can be sure about though is that manufacturers don't add screens for our benefit, it's to make their jobs easier but charge us more for the function.
I totally agree. I recall some years ago a colleague was leading the design of a new radio to be installed in an Army APV. The design had followed the, then, new thinking of microprocessors and touch buttons. That changed back rapidly when the design leader spent some time being driven at speed over Salisbury Plain whilst being asked to change the radio channel in the enclosed dark APV.
Vey positive rotating switches were much preferred.