Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Classics and Supercars at the Castle, Sherborne 17th July

Views : 6352

Replies : 57

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 20th, 2016, 17:30   #11
240T
VOC Member

Sent the stand application off tonight, so we're booked! Hopefully some more come along as well. I have booked one 50ft pitch, which hopefully should be enough given the less-than-average turnout of those interested. I can see about booking another pitch if demand increases.

Last edited by 240T; May 20th, 2016 at 17:34.
240T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2016, 18:49   #12
Clark
850R+240GLT = Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240T View Post
Sent the stand application off tonight, so we're booked! Hopefully some more come along as well. I have booked one 50ft pitch, which hopefully should be enough given the less-than-average turnout of those interested. I can see about booking another pitch if demand increases.
I plan on coming to this in my saloon 850R (manual YEAH). It's getting some work done on it at the moment but should be done for this date. Do I need to apply online or can I just turn up closer to the time? I'll be coming from B'ham so don't want to commit in case weather changes etc. I'd love for it to be on the stand with the rest of the pack.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clark For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2016, 23:23   #13
240T
VOC Member

You can apply in the post but I will have to re-check with the organiser regarding ones that turn up on the day. You can do it I'm sure, I'll re-ring him as I did ask about those turning up on the day but can't remember what he said seeing as I rang him 1 1/2 weeks ago.

You can come down on the Friday/Saturday and camp as there are facilities available.
The Following User Says Thank You to 240T For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2016, 23:26   #14
240T
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post
I plan on coming to this in my saloon 850R (manual YEAH). It's getting some work done on it at the moment but should be done for this date. Do I need to apply online or can I just turn up closer to the time? I'll be coming from B'ham so don't want to commit in case weather changes etc. I'd love for it to be on the stand with the rest of the pack.
"Late applications may be accepted but please
note - Any late applicants not in possession of Vehicle Passes will also be charged the
shows public admission charge at the gate on arrival. This is non-refundable."

Seems the link I posted to the info/entry form didn't work, you can view it here;

https://classicsatthecastle.files.wo...n-2016-web.pdf
Old May 27th, 2016, 18:39   #15
240T
VOC Member

Thanks to admins for putting this thread as a sticky. I am awaiting a call back from the organisers/chairman to discuss how entrance fee can be paid - it seems most clubs are pooling their money and their treasurer paying it in from that via a cheque.

I'll ask if those attending can pay on the day or pay online into the event account, saves a bit of hassle and allows a pre-pay system.

I have booked one 50x50ft stand, but have the option of upto four if necessary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 240T For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2016, 13:33   #16
240T
VOC Member

For those interested in attending, payment of the Sherborne event you'll want to ping £10 across to 'CLASSICS AT THE CASTLE', Natwest, Yeovil. Sort code 60-24-37 and account number 14421925. Use 'VOLVO OWNERS UK' as the reference please.

I'll need your address so please do message/PM me when you have sent the payment across so when the passes are sent to me I can send them to you three weeks prior and no kerfuffle is encountered on the day...!
Old May 29th, 2016, 19:22   #17
WPR678B
Ex 145 owner

Payment done, PM on way thanks!
Old May 29th, 2016, 19:52   #18
240T
VOC Member

Cheers Carlo! That's five of us on the stand so far, who else is interested?

I'll be bring one of those camping gazebo things.
Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 18:09   #19
240T
VOC Member

Just had a call from the organisers; reservation confirmed, with several places confirmed as well so we're all set for one 50x50ft stand. Anyone else interested?
Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 18:58   #20
Clark
850R+240GLT = Happiness

Thumbs up

Count me in. Would love to sit the 850R on display on the plot with 'the family'. I'd rather pay £10 now to secure my place on display. If the weather changes then it's a marginal loss. I can't wait!

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (149.7 KB, 4 views)
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clark For This Useful Post: