Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Car not connecting to internet

Views : 11555

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2018, 10:45   #11
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Helpful Video's on here

https://support.volvocars.com/en-CA/...=2018&sw=17w46
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 02:56   #12
Gary Rath

This works for my car as well
Gary Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 03:03   #13
Gary Rath

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5VLQ View Post
Hi yeoman,

I had the same issue... tried a factory reset of the Sensus but nothing happened... while I was waiting for my appointment with the dealer, I changed the driver profile from mine to “guest” and all was working again with the WiFi. When Incame back to my profile, it was working again too.

When I finally had my appointment with the dealer they could not find any error and said it was all OK...

Try the profiles switching and see if it changes anything...
This switching works for my car as well. Thanks
Gary Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 20:14   #14
B House

Default Similar issue

Hi

I have a similar issue to this but slightly different.

Have had XC90 D5 inscription (65 plate) for couple of months, internet connection via Bluetooth to iPhone was patchy for first couple of weeks but fine for the last month+.

A couple of days ago I paired my key with my profile, but shortly noticed the Speedo dials has changed from my usual theme, saved radio favourites had gone and a few other odd settings had changed. Not quite a factory reset but similar.

Assumed this was the previous owners settings from the key, reset all settings to how I had them and carried on.

I quickly noticed that although the Bluetooth network tether was working with the phone, the globe had a line through it and there was no traffic info/weather/update info available stating no connection to service.

Repaired phone and set Bluetooth internet setting on and of lots of times, parked car by house and connected by Wi-fi, even bought a sim card for the modem. All connect fine but the sensus software is still offline.

Oncall app works fine, even using the car modem as a Wi-fi hotspot back to my phone (in airplane mode) serves up an internet connection, so no issue with the sim card.

Have run a couple of factory resets, repaired phone and Wi-fi networks. All with no success.

Stuck for any more ideas, don’t want to take to a dealer if all they will do is re-flash/upload software and charge me for it. Especially if it doesn’t work.

Thoughts?
B House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 20:33   #15
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B House View Post
Hi

I have a similar issue to this but slightly different.

Have had XC90 D5 inscription (65 plate) for couple of months, internet connection via Bluetooth to iPhone was patchy for first couple of weeks but fine for the last month+.

A couple of days ago I paired my key with my profile, but shortly noticed the Speedo dials has changed from my usual theme, saved radio favourites had gone and a few other odd settings had changed. Not quite a factory reset but similar.

Assumed this was the previous owners settings from the key, reset all settings to how I had them and carried on.

I quickly noticed that although the Bluetooth network tether was working with the phone, the globe had a line through it and there was no traffic info/weather/update info available stating no connection to service.

Repaired phone and set Bluetooth internet setting on and of lots of times, parked car by house and connected by Wi-fi, even bought a sim card for the modem. All connect fine but the sensus software is still offline.

Oncall app works fine, even using the car modem as a Wi-fi hotspot back to my phone (in airplane mode) serves up an internet connection, so no issue with the sim card.

Have run a couple of factory resets, repaired phone and Wi-fi networks. All with no success.

Stuck for any more ideas, don’t want to take to a dealer if all they will do is re-flash/upload software and charge me for it. Especially if it doesn’t work.

Thoughts?
I can only think that you have your driver profile unlocked. You need to set the car as you want it, then save it as a profile and lock it. My theory is that your key resets your profile to the key setting every time.

Maybe.
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 23:53   #16
B House

Thanks for your response, I forgot to add I’ve tried the jumping around profiles, locking and have unlinked the key too.

Head scratcher..
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 10:36   #17
stevej69

Has your car had the November software update (likely after a dealer visit or service). Mine has the same issue (as well as non functioning Sat Nav), but there is quite a long thread on here (search for Modem). It seems to relate to the APN settings disappearing and needing to be reset.
stevej69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 10:42   #18
B House

I wondered if it’s that, but with the car being new to me and not having a service under my ownership, I don’t know what version it’s running.
I’m pretty sure it isn’t on the November version as the last dealer service was in October, and I bought it from a non Volvo dealer in Nov, so can’t see it would have been updated with them.

In fact, I’m pretty sure it’s on old software as it won’t allow me to run the map updates from the USB.
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 18:08   #19
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej69 View Post
Has your car had the November software update (likely after a dealer visit or service). Mine has the same issue (as well as non functioning Sat Nav), but there is quite a long thread on here (search for Modem). It seems to relate to the APN settings disappearing and needing to be reset.
Steve
Not quite a correct statement above - in that the APN settings are NOT disappearing, rather the user FIX for the post Nov 18 software update problem of the car's modern NOT connecting to the Internet is to manually DELETE the Network Username & Password fields and then to manually input them again - in my case with Vodafone they are both a short "wap".
Then the car's modem will work Ok until the next restart...........!!!
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 22:47   #20
Multiplex

Known issue at the moment with the p-sim not working.

Dealers are waiting for a fix for the issue to be released.
Multiplex is offline   Reply With Quote