Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1984 340gl cvt

Views : 1634

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2009, 00:30   #1
Suffolk

Default 1984 340gl cvt

Apologies that my first post is a for sale, but I want this car to go to an enthusiast so am putting it here first before anywhere else.

1984 340GL auto 5 door in light metallic blue
56000 miles
4 months MOT (only done 300 miles since test), no tax.
Extensive history from new, big folder full of bills (quite an interesting read) and every MOT certificate. Original manuals and documentation too.

Owned by the same lady from new until 2001 when it was purchased by a doctor in Newmarket who ran it for a year and did quite a bit of work including new belts. I bought it from him as a stop-gap in May 2002 and passed it on to my brother in July of the same year, finally after 7 years he has succumbed to the charms of a newer car so it is back with me and I am selling it on his behalf.

Externally the painwork is very good, and shines up much better than you would have any right to expect considering the age, there are some dents and damage which you can see in the pictures, a few areas of surface rust and the chrome trim around the windscreen needs replacing. The underside is sound with only a couple of small patches of welding ever been carried out. The interior is good overall but sadly no stereo. There is a modern alarm fitted, tyres brakes and exhaust are all good with plenty of life in them. The suspension is a bit baggy but as long as you don’t chuck it about too much it’s ok!

The engine is healthy and looking into the rocking cover you are greeted with sparkling clean metal (oil changes every few thousand miles!) but it does need a tune up, I think the MOT place mucked up the mixture as it was ok until then, however I did drive it back from Nottingham (120 miles) with no problems except a misfire at full throttle which was easily avoided once I knew it was there. Another carb related issue is it needs a good (5-10 second) crank in the morning, I think fuel is draining away from the carb overnight as next go it will fire right up and continue to do so for the rest of the day.

Overall this is a good car and a real survivor, it has been on the road for 25 years with no significant layup periods and would be ideal for someone enthusiastic about these early 340's who can sort out the small issues and enjoy it.
I also have a set of drive belts and a radiator which can go with the car.

Price? £350 with the spares, very fair I think. Viewing in Haverhill, Suffolk is welcome and I do own a transporter so can give you a quote for delivery if required.

If you have read this far….well done!

Suffolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 09:49   #2
Suffolk

Edit - Mileage is actually 58400, can't seem to edit the 1st post, sorry! (the 300 miles since last test is still correct)

Last edited by Suffolk; Dec 1st, 2009 at 09:57.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 13:15   #3
Suffolk

No one interested? I need the garage space back at home so she will soon be moved to my work unit for a cosy winter hibernation and will most likely appear on ebay in the spring with a tune up done and fresh MOT.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 16:28   #4
SteveP
300 Maniac

Looks pretty nice that! Try volvo300mania.com/forum-uk there are some vario enthusiasts over there Good luck with the sale!
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 16:00   #5
ronnie82

Hi there, has this been sold yet??

Aaron
ronnie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 18:30   #6
Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie82 View Post
Hi there, has this been sold yet??

Aaron
No, I decided to leave it until the spring so it's only advertised on here at the moment, still available for viewing anytime though.
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 09:58   #7
chriscooper

Hi my volvo be cat c and im looking for a new one do you still have your for sell please my number is 07544553869 thank you tracy
chriscooper is offline   Reply With Quote