Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your x40 today???

Views : 1048748

Replies : 12937

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 21:14   #11
clarkey1984
Premier Member

The new one is a 52 reg 2.0 se, full leather interior, heated seats, some kind of Aircon (different to the t4) fully delaership serviced up until 2014, 3 owners from new, 177k on the clock.

For some reason it has a darker silver bootlid which has a 1.8 badge on ( I've checked, it is a 2l) and the front bumper is bashed on one corner, and the passenger door mirror has no glass in it, all can be transferred over from the t4 though, by the time I swap the wheels and suspension too you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference visually, apart from the (broken) egg grate grill and chrome door handles that this one has.

Worryingly none of the brake lights worked, but cleaning and refitting the fuse gave me the rear window one working, then a pair of spare bulbs got one side working, but one of the pair I found must have also been a dud so a stolen fog bulb from the caravan gave me all brake lights operational, all rear light bulbs were horribly dim and silvered over, had one spare pair so the outermost ones are now nice and bright but the boot ones are dim, we have some at work I think.

It was 3 miles away as I said and I haggled him down from a rather random figure of £287 (Facebook marketplace has an auto price reduction thing) and got it for 250, still has 90 miles worth of petrol in it as well, I'll give it new oil filter and plugs tomorrow, probably do the fuel filter while I'm at it, plus it's got the wrong back box on for some reason (unless some 2.0 were a single tailpipe?) But all in all a smart buy for the money, plus the best bit being it was listed as no mot, but it is tested until November 30th, it has the classic x40 drop link clonkery but that's easily sorted, plus it doesn't smoke, which is nice.

I also thought the same about the engine but unsure if the block and pistons would be the same or not.

Last edited by clarkey1984; Oct 10th, 2018 at 21:19.
clarkey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacont4, bananahammock, mp3, mp3s, rubbisht4s, uttergarbage