Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Friends v50 *Please respond to the gumtree ad*

Views : 755

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 21st, 2019, 22:21   #1
Silver940

Default Friends v50 *Please respond to the gumtree ad*

A Friends selling his much loved v50 but it has to go for other projects, heres the link https://www.gumtree.com/p/volvo/volv...ion/1340863090

125,554 miles

"I have for sale my Volvo V50 1.6 Diesel SE LUX Edition, on the inside its got all the kit, Cruise control, Bluetooth radio as standard, aux input, USB input, built in Sat-Nav with 2018-2019 disc in so all recent roads are on there, it has the Volvo high performance sound system which I'm pretty sure was an optional extra for this model, black leather interior.

Exterior it has Japan Racing JR12 Wheels (£700 for the set new), It has a tune from SLT Remapping which boosts the car to make 140Bhp and 320Nm of torque. It has a K&N panel filter, a straight through exhaust from the DPF back (makes a little bit of noise but nothing major just gives a nice little rumble).

This is a very nice example of the V50's and i really hope someone enjoys this car just as much as i have done. My only reason for selling is that i don't do the mileage to warrant having a diesel anymore, so I feel like the car is just going to waste, I have full service history from new most of it being main dealer, was serviced last year at 116,000 miles and the cambelt was changed at 88,000 miles, basically new tyres on the front, new rear brake pads, MOT until September 2019"

Thanks for viewing i hope he sells it as hes not having much luck!
Silver940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 08:34   #2
RichT4
Sunny Days!

Hi

Just a friendly observation, in order to help him sell the car, it might be worth selling the alloys separately, then placing some standard wheels back on.
Do that along with the removal of the big stickers, and it'll appeal to the bigger market. Including the older generation.
RichT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RichT4 For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2019, 10:56   #3
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT4 View Post
Hi

Just a friendly observation, in order to help him sell the car, it might be worth selling the alloys separately, then placing some standard wheels back on.
Do that along with the removal of the big stickers, and it'll appeal to the bigger market. Including the older generation.
Good point! As an 'old fogie', were I looking for one of these, I would take one look at this one, think "Boy Racer", and move on. It might be a very nice car, but 'RichT4' is right, it would definitely put me off.

Regards, John.
Old May 28th, 2019, 11:30   #4
Welton
Premier Member

The Wheels!

It looks a tidy car in white but the Japanese style wheels will put off 98% of enquirers, and lose the stickerage.

I wonder, with diesels, whether you're best not to mention a remap and just let buyers be impressed with the power delivery and go from there....
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2019, 22:12   #5
Derek UK
VOC Member

Pictures taken in the dark are a waste of time. Starbursts don't impress either. I agree with the other comments.
Pics of the interior, engine bay and boot area needed too.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 08:29   #6
Baxlin
Old Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
The Wheels!

It looks a tidy car in white but the Japanese style wheels will put off 98% of enquirers, and lose the stickerage.

I wonder, with diesels, whether you're best not to mention a remap and just let buyers be impressed with the power delivery and go from there....
I agree about being put off by the wheels and stickers, but surely you MUST tell any buyer about any mods such as exhaust, remap, etc for their insurance purposes, as the ad does, but only in the prose description, in the 'engine power' bit it says a very specific 112.6 bhp...

Sorry to be a tad negative, but I think only 4 months' MOT isn’t a real selling point either, why not put a new one on if he’s that confident of the car.

Last edited by Baxlin; May 29th, 2019 at 08:42.
Baxlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 11:46   #7
FunkyMelon
Master Member

I'd put it back to 100% standard, you'd have far more success, get rid of the ghasty stickers, put the standard exhaust system back on (if you have it still) and sell the wheels on a Japanese car forum etc.

It's a nice car without the 'mods'.