Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

white amazon progress

Views : 12383

Replies : 108

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 18th, 2013, 17:43   #101
swedishandgerman
Premier Member

Blimey! I just rewound to page 1 of this thread to compare the finished project to what the old car was like before all your hard work. Wow!

I overtook that there grey Amazon Estate on a transporter truck on the M6 last Thursday and guessed it was destined for the show. I showed a thumbs up from my approx 50 years newer version V70. The driver of the truck looked bemused!

I see that is the Volvo Enthusiasts Club stand which my mate who went reported was a million times better than the VOC stand. But that's how it was the last time I went which was about 4 years ago..
1970 Amazon 2-Door
1970 142DL
swedishandgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swedishandgerman For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 17:58   #102
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishandgerman View Post
Blimey! I just rewound to page 1 of this thread to compare the finished project to what the old car was like before all your hard work. Wow!

I overtook that there grey Amazon Estate on a transporter truck on the M6 last Thursday and guessed it was destined for the show. I showed a thumbs up from my approx 50 years newer version V70. The driver of the truck looked bemused!

I see that is the Volvo Enthusiasts Club stand which my mate who went reported was a million times better than the VOC stand. But that's how it was the last time I went which was about 4 years ago..
Thank you swedishandgerman i promised the past owner it would be back on the road in full glory and i was true to my word she held her own very well sat alongside some bobby dazzlers had a LOT of attention at the N.E.C and some keen amazon lovers came over to have a chat and if any are reading this thank you to them for chatting to me and giving the car a look !! had a busy week indeed but the car made it there drove into the show under its own steam although i had to transport it to the show ( sadly i need to do more work on the brake system to pass its M.O.T and some bodyshop final tweeks plus trim and rubber seals in key areas ) soon as i have those last few tasks done i can take it for a drive and see how she motors along .

i will get the photos off my phone shortly and post them plus some stand shots of both stands voc and the vec with images for all pv , 1800 and amazon lovers

but yes the car has come along long way from what it was - a ugly duckling 2 now 1 that outshines the average amazon but all could be like this again they just need some TLC and a few quid spent on them ok maybe a few quid and some more .... but well worth it in the end these cars are just such fun to own getting bucket loads of attention

photos soon ....

kind regards

robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 19:51   #103
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Default NEC Images

here are some pictures some on the event have funny light and i have to resize them off my iphone but the breakdown day had a better light when loaded on the transporter

regards

robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0057.jpg (251.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0058.jpg (237.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0061.jpg (228.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0075.jpg (162.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0076.jpg (243.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0077.jpg (256.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0078.jpg (214.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0079.jpg (187.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0083.jpg (250.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0107.jpg (225.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0108.jpg (192.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0109.jpg (174.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0110.jpg (189.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0111.jpg (196.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0112.jpg (201.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0113.jpg (232.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0114.jpg (184.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0116.jpg (183.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0117.jpg (176.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg P1050486pss.jpg (101.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg P1050490pscs_zps6674f3f0.jpg (131.2 KB, 30 views)

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 00:33   #104
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Talking

Hi Ya Folks

Well it has been a fun packed week lol i have finally got an M.O.T on the amazon now and me free road TAX yippeeee best bit i was looking forward to walking in the post office and handing over my paperwork to have a free circle of paper stamped up for a year A THANKYOU ..... love it one in the eye for the taxman hes rich enough anyways .

so on my journey to the M.O.T station i found a little list of last gremlins to iron out -

jumpy speedo which when your motoring along sits perfect its just when going through gears it acts up , leaky fuel pump below where it bolts on engine some hermatite and its a job goodin on that one once bolted back up , on the way back from station i had my reverse lights stick on so need to debug the wiring on that and a very good clean up ( big wax session when back from the bodyshop to protect the fresh paint ) , fix the last of trim on like the v-o-l-v-o lettering and some door seals but holding off on that till the paint side of things is all outta the way .

so a day on them tomorrow and then it needs running for a week or two just to settle engine in nicely and " PLOD " is done might need a new name now as i dont think plod suits it ? what do you reckon guys and gals ?, all bar a visit back to the bodyshop for some touchups for perfection its a job well done

regards

Robert

http://phoenix-classic-restorations....on-xro836.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 041220132189.jpg (156.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 041220132190.jpg (64.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 041220132187.jpg (152.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 301120132183.jpg (121.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 061220132211.jpg (195.0 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Dec 7th, 2013 at 00:37.
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 01:30   #105
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

The car is looking fantastic.. What will the car bring for our efforts? I am just curious, because you basically built a new car out of it.

Classic Auto Glass Innovations
Flush Mount Glass
Classicautoglassinnovations.com
Iamtheonlyreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 01:41   #106
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
The car is looking fantastic.. What will the car bring for our efforts? I am just curious, because you basically built a new car out of it.
Hi Ya

yes i have rebuilt it back to new standard and spec also added since my last post a brand new set of dual circuit front brake calipers , pair of new wheel cylinders , new hoses , fuel sender , rear mud flaps fitted with stainless brackets naturally and a set of chrome door mirrors wired up the OverDrive which works flawless

the car at last count up cost me from the point of buying the car till now £4,700 + M.O.T cost but i need to sit and add it up but within a hundred or two its in that ball park figure so thats without any of my labour time ( i will get that all being well down the line from the private reggy/ number plate ) so i would never sell it below that figure what ever it has cost me so i at least get my stake money back but it has been a journey from ugly duckling to a very nice example once again .

one bit of advise i will give others is dont skrimp on the brakes if your car has been off the road for 1-2 years onwards replace everything without doubt it just aint worth it nor the risk

regards
robert

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Dec 7th, 2013 at 01:43.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 02:22   #107
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Default B20 engine running

also earlier when i was flushing the coolant system out i had to bring it up to temp for 10 mins with the heater on hot so took a video clip of the engine running it was puring away real nice i was keeping an eye on it closely while it had the flush in the engine ( added a new hose clip to the breather on side of the engine after the video when i drained it all out and flushed through clean water ) so thought i would share the clip if you hear a hum noise its the heater running lol and i was watching the video just a min ago it sounds lumpy but when your in the moment its a lot quieter as the clip shows when i stand back a little

regards

Robert

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 09:36   #108
Amazonjulian
Master Member

Magnificent piece of work. Congratulations
Amazonjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amazonjulian For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 12:07   #109
Alf ista
Premier Member

Very nice Robert! Great work.