Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

what dealer ?

Views : 2164

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 10th, 2019, 22:45   #1
skippyfox
VOC Member

Default what dealer ?

Here's one for you. Bought a V90 from a dealer in Huddersfield, no problems with them. The car is ex Volvo UK, 8000 on the clock. Seems someone forgot to reset the service intervals on the car. It's now telling me to book time for service. Local dealer in Bury tells me I've got to go back to Huddersfield dealer to have things reset. Bury 10 minutes away , Huddersfield 1hour depending on traffic. I would have thought any dealer could have sorted this issue out. The car as had its "free quality assurance inspection 3 months following delivery" done. And I think the technician as somehow forgot to reset the service clock. Just feel a bit miffed off as I have spent quite a few quid with the Bury dealer, ie £26.000 grand on a XC90 a few years ago, and service charges on my XC70. The only reason I went to the Huddersfield branch was they had the car I was looking for. Other than that moan, hope all is well with you all and looking forward to see faces old and new at the national meet and BKV. Thanks.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 22:59   #2
Zebster
Upstanding Member

There are vidclips on YouTube showing how to reset the service indicator system.
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 23:03   #3
skippyfox
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
There are vidclips on YouTube showing how to reset the service indicator system.
Thanks for that, but been down that route and the car doesn't want to play. Thanks anyway.
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 23:58   #4
Sphinx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
Here's one for you. Bought a V90 from a dealer in Huddersfield, no problems with them. The car is ex Volvo UK, 8000 on the clock. Seems someone forgot to reset the service intervals on the car. It's now telling me to book time for service. Local dealer in Bury tells me I've got to go back to Huddersfield dealer to have things reset. Bury 10 minutes away , Huddersfield 1hour depending on traffic. I would have thought any dealer could have sorted this issue out. The car as had its "free quality assurance inspection 3 months following delivery" done. And I think the technician as somehow forgot to reset the service clock. Just feel a bit miffed off as I have spent quite a few quid with the Bury dealer, ie £26.000 grand on a XC90 a few years ago, and service charges on my XC70. The only reason I went to the Huddersfield branch was they had the car I was looking for. Other than that moan, hope all is well with you all and looking forward to see faces old and new at the national meet and BKV. Thanks.
How long ago did you buy the car? When was it last serviced - regardless of millage?

As part of the Seleck programme - all cars go through a 100 point check and this includes a reset of the systems and a software upgrade. If it requires a service - it must be done at this point too.

Yes your local dealer can do it - but you will have to get the Huddersfield to authorize this to Bury.

Be much quicker to get the car back to Huddersfield to sort - otherwise you will be faffing around for weeks to get the dealers to sort it.
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 00:28   #5
skippyfox
VOC Member

Thanks Sphinx2000. I am going down that route. Just a bit peed off with the attitude at the Bury dealer. As far as I'm concerned I bought from Volvo so Volvo should sort it regardless of where the dealer is. For example if I lived in London and a couple of weeks after buying the car I relocated to the North of England, would I be still expected to trot of back down to London to sort the problem out. The car in question is a V90 R Design D5 AWD. Last previous owner, Volvo UK. Last service/check at 6895 miles 29/3/19 by Clive Brooks, Huddersfield. next service due at 18.000miles. Fed up with messing about. Just peed off with the Bury dealer, having spent some decent money with them. XC90 R Design 14 plate £26.000. and also the servicing on my XC70 16 plate. **** up with the Tech at Clive Brooks, I'll buy that , but to be farted about by another dealer really gets my goat. Thanks anyway, Rant over.. Should have saved me some coin and bought a KIA....
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 07:33   #6
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks Sphinx2000. I am going down that route. Just a bit peed off with the attitude at the Bury dealer. As far as I'm concerned I bought from Volvo so Volvo should sort it regardless of where the dealer is. For example if I lived in London and a couple of weeks after buying the car I relocated to the North of England, would I be still expected to trot of back down to London to sort the problem out. The car in question is a V90 R Design D5 AWD. Last previous owner, Volvo UK. Last service/check at 6895 miles 29/3/19 by Clive Brooks, Huddersfield. next service due at 18.000miles. Fed up with messing about. Just peed off with the Bury dealer, having spent some decent money with them. XC90 R Design 14 plate £26.000. and also the servicing on my XC70 16 plate. **** up with the Tech at Clive Brooks, I'll buy that , but to be farted about by another dealer really gets my goat. Thanks anyway, Rant over.. Should have saved me some coin and bought a KIA....
You are a customer, you decide where you spend your money and part of that decision is the service you receive.
In future I would be factoring the extra time into all volvo visits for all your cars and they would never see me again. Of course if you feel differently that's up to you, but don't expect any improvement in the service you receive.

Be mindful that service interval is 18000 miles OR 12 months, my volvo does 6or7k miles a year but the service reminder pops up 12 months after its last service.

Paul.

Last edited by green van man; Jun 12th, 2019 at 07:36. Reason: Extra info.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 10:23   #7
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Quote:
... As far as I'm concerned I bought from Volvo so Volvo should sort it regardless of where the dealer is. ...
Or looked at from another perspective, you bought from Clive Brooks and you wonder why Hatfields are not jumping at the chance to sort it out, a bit like buying Heinz Ketchup from Sainsbury's and wondering why Tesco's don't want to deal with your complaint.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 11:17   #8
AndyJudge
Premier Member

If it were me I'd speak to the supplying dealer & see what they'll offer by way of compensation for you having to trek back there to solve their issue.

When I got mine one of the rear windows needed a reset, spoke to the dealer & yes we'll sort it come down on Saturday.

Dealer was an 80mile trip each way but on arrival car was taken away, coffee & Bacon Sarnie provided. Car was sorted, given a quick wash & appropriate number of gallons of Derv put into the tank.

I didn't ask for anything when I phoned, but don't trust the local dealers here.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyJudge For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 16:54   #9
skippyfox
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNP View Post
Or looked at from another perspective, you bought from Clive Brooks and you wonder why Hatfields are not jumping at the chance to sort it out, a bit like buying Heinz Ketchup from Sainsbury's and wondering why Tesco's don't want to deal with your complaint.
I see your thinking on this. But the beef would be with Heinz, not Sainsbury's or Tesco's. Thanks anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2019, 17:58   #10
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNP View Post
Of course the odds of you taking your ketchup back for a service are nill. Probably about the same as the OP now wanting to service his new car at Volvo Bury in the future.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post: