Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2001 v70xc srs airbag service urgent

Views : 405

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 17th, 2019, 18:52   #1
diddien01

Default 2001 v70xc srs airbag service urgent

Hello, please any idea what is wrong with my car?? Message on dash with SRS. I went to my local garage they pluged the comp and said drivers steering wheel airbag faulty. So I bought new one plus the ring which is underneath ( just in case) went back to garage but they can not reset the code. What to do know??!! Any idea please. Shall I send cluster for repair, or airbag module... or burn whole car?)))
Many thanks Michal
diddien01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2019, 19:08   #2
Brendan W
Premier Member

Can you find out what the original fault code was?
Volvos are not as easy to clear stored SRS codes as some other cars. What were they using to attempt to clear it?
Brendan W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 00:25   #3
diddien01

Thanks for reply. Do not know what was the number of code etc. All he said was airbag is dead.
They use Snap On comp.
Will plug somewhere else and will find out what the code is.
Cheers
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 10:50   #4
Brendan W
Premier Member

I had SRS trouble two years ago. An icarsoft 906 could not establish communication with the SRS module. I got VIDA and it found a stage 1 resistance too high on the steering wheel bag. Disconnecting the bag I put in a bag mimic resistor which helped verify that the fault lay with the ribbon cable which I replaced with a used item. Still the light stayed on. There was now an internal module error. I sent it away for reloading software to no avail. I replaced the module with a used item. The module error was gone but two other codes remained which were cleared by VIDA.
Snap On are a fairly high end piece of kit. I don't know if it is fully capable of clearing Volvo stored codes.
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 12:38   #5
diddien01

Thanks for reply. Will try another comp and probably will send srs module for repair. I hope it will help as it drives me crazy) cheers
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 13:10   #6
Brendan W
Premier Member

Unless you are getting the correct codes you could end up playing parts bingo.
I git VIDA from @cheshired5, installed on a W7 Pro machine and it has paid for itself many times over.