Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 tuning tips required

Views : 9462

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 01:02   #11
Wobbly Dave

I have owned 3 T5s to date - 2 of them C70s.
Assuming you have an ME7 (electronic throttle module - based engine) circa 98/99 & for the budget stated - I'd put your money towards good set of plugs - NGK Iridiums or NGK BKR7EVX. and a performance filter e.g. ITG

My personal pref for the rest (based on my own personal experience)
Brake pads - ferodo DS2500
Springs - Eibach prokit
Dampers - Koni FSD or Monroe Reflex

and start saving for a remap. The choice is expansive and there are lots of threads on it. BSR/RICA/MTE.

So long as you enjoy the ride - all power to you mate!
Wobbly Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 18:48   #12
Nico20V

Default Same Boat

I have a comepletely std 01 C70 T5 GT and its ripe for some tweeking too.

Since my brakes faded to the point I almost rear ended a tractor the other day, I've already ordered the caliper carriers for £50 to change up to 302 front disks and new ferodo pads n ss lines.

I spent loads on my last car on induction filter and exhaust =500 but the single biggest difference I found came from a set of FK adjustable coilovers. Simply the best 500 I ever spent. So that will be the next mod for me.

My GT I'm guessing is factory lowered already but I'm running 18's and although the ride height is near perfect I want the assurance of getting it lower still so am guna go for the variant 2 KW's (I don't think I need to echo how crap the handling is on the std shocks, altho mine have done 100k now). The KW's are 800 odd and even though the adjtable dampening is overkill for me, i know it will be money well spent (there is a thread on here..somewhere..where I'm trying to get a gauge interest for a possible group buy) cos i'd much rather spend 800+100 fitting on a guranteed result than perhaps 300-400?(springs and dampers)+100 on something I might not be perfectly happy with.

Next after that, is not guna be the silly flash cabon induction or big exhaust. Pound for pound you can't compare the gains of a Piggyback and Remap to what you might squeeze out of the new exhaust and filter, so that's where my moneys going after.

Some might suggest replacing the exhaust after a re-map is false economy but I have got to try and control my spending on the car whilst i'm still paying off the mods I made to my last one, lol.
Nico20V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 18:28   #13
Engineer
Rubbing son is racing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico20V View Post
Some might suggest replacing the exhaust after a re-map is false economy but I have got to try and control my spending on the car whilst i'm still paying off the mods I made to my last one, lol.
Depends on the map Nico IMHO
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 18:41   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

where did you get your large disc caliper brackets? Last time i looked they were nearly £100 each from volvo whilst the standard "small" disc ones were £12 !
Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 01:56   #15
Conehead

£50 each from pfv

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=5365
Old Jul 16th, 2007, 20:08   #16
Nico20V

302 Caliper Carriers £25 from Salvo

Projector H/lamps + indicators £190 (on their way)
HID kit £120 (when Alex gets back off his Hols)
volvo strut brace £65 (on its way)
Nico20V is offline   Reply With Quote