Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Intergrated GSM Phone 'Hands free'

Views : 878

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 28th, 2007, 23:33   #1
pukka88
Yes it's a diesel!

Default Intergrated GSM Phone 'Hands free'

I finally put a PAYG sim card into the phone system in my S60 (2002). My problem is that the phone always goes into the handset mode and not hands free mode , so everytime I make a call I need to go into the menu after calling then select hands free which is dangerous and time consuming ! This seems very odd as I would have thought the default setting would be hands free? Has anyone else had this problem or know how to sort this out? I've looked at all the menu settings without any luck.
pukka88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 08:45   #2
Hashluck

Double check the handset is located properly. Lifting it from its position automatically routes calls to it. There may be a switch on the handset holder gone a little sticky or it may just not be loacted properly in the holder.
Hashluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 10:11   #3
steveshaw

Do you have the handset clipped into the centre console lid, or on the holder next to the gear stick ?
The holder near the gear stick has a small magnet stuck to the underside that can come loose or fall out, if it does the handset is active all the time, try clipping it in the console lid position to see if it works differently.
I have lost my reception signal if anyone has any tips I would apreciate them.
Steve
steveshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 23:18   #4
pukka88
Yes it's a diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashluck View Post
Double check the handset is located properly. Lifting it from its position automatically routes calls to it. There may be a switch on the handset holder gone a little sticky or it may just not be loacted properly in the holder.
Cheers chaps. Problem sorted
The handset is located inside the armrest. The problem is that the actual armrest is a little loose and when closed doesn't line up correctly and is pushed further back than the correct position This in turn prevents the handset from being located correctly in the holder
My solution was to push the entire armrest forward when closed and this engages the phone and switch routing all calls to HANDSFREE at last Thanks for the rapid response, Martin
pukka88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 10:57   #5
jpwhitta

Default Same issue

Hello, sorry to post to an old thread, I have a 2002 s60 with same issue the phone answers in the handset and have to switch to the hands free via the menu.
Mine is the holder under the armrest lid. Is there a switch in the holder or in the handset itself?
Cheers.
jpwhitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2015, 23:45   #6
surrey_man
Premier Member

Think it's top of phone
'94 Green 850 GLT 2.5lt 7 seater
'97 850 CD T5 2.3lt full leather 7 Seater
surrey_man is offline   Reply With Quote