Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

18" Pegasus Alloys

Views : 784

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 20th, 2004, 23:42   #1
psbickham

Default 18" Pegasus Alloys

Hi all,

This is my first time using this site, so apologies if I've posted this message in the wrong place!

I have a 2000 Volvo C70 Coupe and would like to have the 18" pegasus volvo alloys. My quesions...

Will they fit?
Where can I get them?
How much will they cost?
What size tyres would I need?

I'm not quite sure how to check my replies, so if you have any useful info that might help me, please send it to paul@bickham.com

I will attempt to find this forum in a few days!!

Thanks all,
Paul
psbickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 15:14   #2
migrator
Aye - him again

Default RE: 18" Pegasus Alloys

e-mailed Paul with brief hints on use of the forum and an apology for not being able to give specific answers to his questions. There must be some 850/70 series folks out there who can answer him and I will leave it to you.

(Ouch - that's another knuckle ...)
VOC 11817
migrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 18:14   #3
sarge
Master Member

Hi Paul, and welcome. A few Forum users have fitted Pegs to their V70s. I think they ordered them from an American dealer as it was cheaper to import them than to get them from Volvo dealers here. Anyway, I'm sure some of them will post with more details.

Sarge,
'99 V70 AWD
sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 18:21   #4
doorman

Hi Paul
I don't know about Pegasus, but your local Volvo dealer have some vey nice wheels to offer, and yuor guaranteed that everthing is compatable, remember you need to advise your insurance company if none Volvo parts are used, in the meantime, check out my V70 R AWD on the gallery to see how nice my Nebula wheels look. Lets know how you get on.
Regards
Dave

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopos...cat=513&page=1
doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 16:10   #5
psbickham

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that.

Is that correct about not having to inform the insurance company if volvo parts are used? As the Pegasus wheel is not an option on the C70, I thought they would have to be informed, otherwise my insurance could be invalidated?
I guess the best way would be to call them nd find out for sure. My insurance costs are steep enough (25 yr old with a number of points...darn GATSO's!) without having the premiums increased by adding extras, such as new wheels - I'd like to keep costs to a minimum ideally.

Yep, your wheels look pretty nice.

Paul
psbickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 19:24   #6
doorman

Hi Paul
If they are a Volvo part, you dont have to inform them, but it is best to do so anyway, remember, if you should have the misfortune to have to claim, they could always use the failure to disclose as a way of not settling a claim. Up to now, all disclosures I have made to my insurance company has not resulted in a premium hike (Volvo Owners Insurance)
Dave
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 19:47   #7
RedR

Up to now, all
>disclosures I have made to my insurance company has not
>resulted in a premium hike (Volvo Owners Insurance)
>Dave

Hi Dave,

How do I go about getting a quote by "Volvo Owners Insurance". What I'm really after is a policy that will allow salvage retention in the case of a write off.

Thanks

Nigel 855R
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 20:45   #8
mraldonnelly

Nigel,

Call Chris Knott Insurance Services. Link to the VOC section below.

http://www.volvo.ownersclubinsurance.com/

Not only should you go for salvage retention but you could really do with an agreed value policy too if you can get it given the amount of work you've done on your car. A standard policy will only pay market value without taking into account the fact that you are effectively driving a new car (well, many of the mechanical parts are new anyway).

With regards to disclosure, if in doubt, disclose it. Even if original Volvo parts are used, if they are not standard equipment or an option on that particular model then it does need to be disclosed. Even if it's an option for a particular model it's best to tell them to be 100% certain.

Andy

Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 23:41   #9
doorman

Tel number for VOI is 01422 325808
Good luck
Dave