Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The Volvo / Ford debate???

Views : 1479

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 8th, 2009, 04:46   #1
asuk

Default The Volvo / Ford debate???

Been a user and a regular fan of volvo's and LPG for some time now with my 2.4i V50 converted to gas 3 years ago. and now some 55,000 miles on gas with no probs whatsoever. Been brilliant.

The conversion was carried out by Auotgas 2000 up near Thirsk, north yorkshire. One of the leading LPG converters in the area and Country. I am an absolute massive fan of theirs and the fitter there John and Co. owner Chris are absolutley great. But I just want to add this. Every time that I have been there for my service, and thats quite a few times, plus popping in for juice if I am in the Area, there are always brand new fords parked in the conversion bay. On asking John last time I was there, about all the ford focus' that i had witnessed, he replied that they do huge amount of contract work for company car fleet vehicles and the conversion that they regularly do is on the very latest ford focus 2.5t engine. So I asked him about the ford engines that they were converting. In Johns words, ''the bottom line was that because its a volvo engine, the conversion will be fine''

The reason for me asking this question was that I was thinking that If I did replace my V50, I would buy the latest V70 2.5t and get the conversion done on that. The same engine that I believe is being fitted in the latest fast ford focus'. etc etc. Except their plastic engine cover has ford stamped on it.

So the moral of this story is that to be sure what is what, the only answer is to ask the experts, and in my view the Guys at Autogas2000 are the best in the business. If they are happy with the conversion without the use of flash lube etc, so am I. If you are unsure, ring them. Then you will get the answer from the horses mouth and you can then make your own minds up. As for people debating whether volvo's beyond model year 2002 are suitable for cnverting or not. Thats a load of horse in my book. You shouldn't be hesitating and doubting but talking to Autogas 2000 and getting converted.

The dilemna of who made / owns the engines will always go on. Is it a ford unit or did it originate from Volvo. etc etc. Who cares. If it converts to gas and Autogas 2000 are happy. So would I be.

I'll leave you contemplate???

asuk
asuk is offline   Reply With Quote