Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Yorkshire Autogas

Views : 4708

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 10:11   #21
Lpgc
LPG conversion pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
Hi Simon, I think I might pop back to see you about my fuel gauge. When you serviced the LPG system I said it was fine, but I decided to run the tank to empty to see how far I'd get on 'reserve'... its at least 40 miles lol. I've been refilling every 100 miles so that can't be right I had to disconnect the battery yesterday and disconnect some LPG pipes to replace the vacuum hoses I was talking about, so the trip has been zeroed, however I'll do another tankful to empty and get back to you.

Its run fantastically since the service thanks, and I've got a new locking filler plug lol. Never did find out what happened to that
Hi Rollingthunder, No probs popping back to see me, the gauge is easily calibrated, please let me know when you'd like to come. What sort of miles could you get with the gauge showing reserve before the adjustment and how many miles can you do on a full tank to empty? One aspect of LPG fuel gauges is that due to the density of LPG it takes a certain depth of fuel in the tank for the float to be lifted from the bottom of the tank at all, so compared to gauges for other types of fuel we can sometimes expect vehicles to do more miles between the reserve light coming on and the tank being fully empty than between any other two indicator light positions. That said, if the reserve light was coming on before with less gas in the tank it will certainly be possible to make it do so again. For a completely linear gauge (that has 5 lights including the reserve light), the gauge should ideally show the reserve light when the tank is below 1/5th, 1 green light when between 1/5th and 2/5ths, 2 when between 2/5ths and 3/5th, 3 when between 3/5ths and 4/5ths, 4 when between 4/5ths and full. Have you noted any mileages when the other lights go out etc? We can easily change when each fuel indicator light goes out simply by changing one number per light.

Look forward to hearing from you again,

Simon
www.Lpgc.co.uk
Lpgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 10:24   #22
Lpgc
LPG conversion pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
Its run fantastically since the service thanks, and I've got a new locking filler plug lol. Never did find out what happened to that
I read the bit in your post above but forgot to reply to it.. Pleased to read it's running well since the service, thanks for the comment! People are always losing filler caps.. Or maybe I nicked yours when you first pulled in so there'd be a chance of selling you a locking one hehe! (For the benefit of others reading this, that was my attempt at humour for the day!).

Simon
www.Lpgc.co.uk
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 10:33   #23
Lpgc
LPG conversion pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboz View Post
A little, but to frank, i don't really pay much attention to it anyway, i get a pretty consistent 270 miles per tank, which equates to 27MPG mixed driving ,drops to 24-25MPH on just local, and will get up to about 29MPG on a run, which equates to about low 50's MPG average, and i am using about a gallon of unleaded a week for the warm up period, so all in all, saving a fair few quid in fuel so cant complain!

My sums work it out as saving about £7 per 100 miles, so the conversion should have paid itself off in less than 10 months, which is about what my initial calculations said when i did the sums, based on my 21k miles a year.

Very happy with the conversion
Hi Bigboz, Thanks for the comments. Will probably be able to get that gallon of petrol a week during the warm up period down a bit if you'd like to pop in sometime? Calibration is done with a fully warmed engine but before the customer gets the car back following a conversion I always check calibration during the warm up period too, which involves checking calibration with a colder engine than the usual changeover temperature. Your car already changes over in a very reasonable time but should be able to get that time down even further so you'd use even less petrol.

Simon
www.Lpgc.co.uk
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 11:16   #24
bigboz
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpgc View Post
Hi Bigboz, Thanks for the comments. Will probably be able to get that gallon of petrol a week during the warm up period down a bit if you'd like to pop in sometime? Calibration is done with a fully warmed engine but before the customer gets the car back following a conversion I always check calibration during the warm up period too, which involves checking calibration with a colder engine than the usual changeover temperature. Your car already changes over in a very reasonable time but should be able to get that time down even further so you'd use even less petrol.

Simon
www.Lpgc.co.uk
Cheers Simon if i happen to be over your way i will give you a call, even though i work in a Wakey postcode, its about 45 mins to get to you!

Its getting the belts and VVT issue resolved this week, so it might need a further calibration given that the VVT will be working properly, what do you think?
Previous
Too many to list!
bigboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 02:23   #25
Lpgc
LPG conversion pro

Hi Bigboz,

It's worth checking after you've hasd the VVT issue done..

Simon
LPGC
The Following User Says Thank You to Lpgc For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 07:39   #26
bigboz
Master Member

Quote:
Hi Bigboz,

It's worth checking after you've hasd the VVT issue done..

Simon
LPGC
Cheers Simon, booked in for next Tuesday for the belts and VVT so i will be in touch when its done
Previous
Too many to list!
bigboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 02:21   #27
Lpgc
LPG conversion pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboz View Post
Cheers Simon, booked in for next Tuesday for the belts and VVT so i will be in touch when its done
OK, speak soon then!

Simon
www.Lpgc.co.uk
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 17:01   #28
Lpgc
LPG conversion pro

All sorted..
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 17:52   #29
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
I am Simon from LPGC (LPG Conversions), also known as Yorkshire Autogas. I am new to this forum but, as people have already said, I am all over LPG forums! I am well respected in the LPG conversion industry and very knowledgeable on all LPG systems.

I use the name LPGC more often than YorkshireAutogas to avoid confusion with another Yorkshire Autogas that is based in Hull. I have corrected more than a few vehicles that the other company converted that never ran correctly on LPG.

I am based in South Elmsall which is right between Doncaster, Pontefract, Wakefield and Barnsley. 2 Miles from the A1, 8 miles from the M62, 8 miles from the M18, 8 miles from the M1.

I am converting the V40 starting today when it arrives! Will post pics of the finished job on this forum. I can assure the owner of good results, and in any event he is free to report any problems here - I am confident this won't happen!

Simon
LPGC
www.Lpgc.co.uk
cheapmotoring@yahoo.co.uk
Hi Simon ,
Is your company the same "Yorkshire Autogas" that was based in Halifax next to the shay syke football ground in the late 1970's ?