Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Mpg

Views : 1015

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 31st, 2014, 22:33   #1
pacman67
VOC Member

Default Mpg

Not sure on this one, but i swear i get more miles out the tank if i fill from a shell station, or possibly less from other brands. I normally exceed 300 miles before needing to refuel, however some fills have fell just below that. yet a recent shell fill gave me 320. Anyone else found similar ?
currently held: V70 P3 D5 SE LUX, XC90 MK2 Inscription Pro.
pacman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 02:05   #2
OvlovS70
Still a learning member

Hello,
I always find Shell fuel to last a little longer, my go-go juice of choice.
Cheers
OvlovS70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 11:52   #3
Calahonda52

Default What mpg should I expect from LPG

I have a 2.0L S40 auto with an 80 L gross LPG tank, so in theory I should get 64 L for a full fill once the alarm goes off.
At the moment I am only getting 40 or so L in but thats for another day.

Just wonder if anyone has urban driving mpg figures for a 2.0 L "gassed up"
car.
Does the LPG give better figures on longer urban runs as engine gets good and hot rather than just up and down to shop.
Thanks
Calahonda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 12:08   #4
Macabre

I've heard that Shell fuel is one of the best before now, I can't remember why though! Supermarket fuel isn't supposed to be that great in comparison, or so I hear. Again this is all hearsay I have no facts to back this up.

I don't go to the nearest shell garage as it's quite a bit dearer than others. I flit between Tesco and Esso as the local Esso here as started being more competative and is usually only 1p difference. Not really noticed a difference but now that I have joined Fuelly I think I might start recording where I bought my fuel from and the type of miles I've driven in the notes section just to see if there is any diceranable difference.
Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 12:29   #5
Calahonda52

Just looked at Fuelly, engine size seems to be hidden, at least to non-registered members so is it that useful for comparison? Fine for your own score keeping.

Is petrol usage ignored in LPG calculations?
Calahonda52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 12:37   #6
Macabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahonda52 View Post
Just looked at Fuelly, engine size seems to be hidden, at least to non-registered members so is it that useful for comparison? Fine for your own score keeping.

Is petrol usage ignored in LPG calculations?
I've just looked and it lets you search by engine type and body style but doesn't give a particular engine size per se.
Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 14:06   #7
capt jack
VOC Member

I always used to find with my old LPG V70 that it would be better on Shell.

I also came to believe that the LPG sold by Morrisons supermarkets would give worse economy than gas from the likes of Shell and Calor.

I was once told that it was possible to work out where a driver regularly bought his LPG from, based on the state of the LPG filter at service time. The dirtier the filter the more likely it was that the car was most frequently filled with supermarket gas!

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 16:33   #8
pacman67
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
I've heard that Shell fuel is one of the best before now, I can't remember why though! Supermarket fuel isn't supposed to be that great in comparison, or so I hear. Again this is all hearsay I have no facts to back this up.

I don't go to the nearest shell garage as it's quite a bit dearer than others. I flit between Tesco and Esso as the local Esso here as started being more competative and is usually only 1p difference. Not really noticed a difference but now that I have joined Fuelly I think I might start recording where I bought my fuel from and the type of miles I've driven in the notes section just to see if there is any diceranable difference.
Hard to compare there as tesco and esso don't sell lpg as far as I know. I only get my gas from shell, local coop , jet, and an indipendant, and most bar the shell are flogas. For 64 ltrs I think 320 miles is pretty good for an xc70.
currently held: V70 P3 D5 SE LUX, XC90 MK2 Inscription Pro.
pacman67 is offline   Reply With Quote