Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Indie. Rolling Road Results

Views : 11169

Replies : 200

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:38   #21
hamish

Bobcat,

I can see the photos and I have read your posts. Please can you confirm which dyno SW Auto's has, so that I can answer Pyaap's question !

Regards,
Hamish.

Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:41   #22
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNET5ER
I see but just 1 question that i have why were analogue gauges used on that day and not the digital one`s??? seems a bit silly tbh or do they take longer to setup/do the runs
the analogue guages allowed us to just drive the cars in and run them, this meant we were able to do a large amount of cars in a short space of time and give as many people as possible the experience of having their cars dynoed.

but as i have said, we will be doing a full computeried dyno day later this year which will be the full works with colour printouts and various sensor plots. and instead of the guages there will be a 36" tft for the people out side and the 20" tft you saw in the preview pics for the dyno operator.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:42   #23
WAYNET5ER

Also not a direct hit at anybody or name calling or anything but it seems that most people that have replied to this thread seem very biased towards SW Auto`s.I find this very disturbing as there a numerous tuning companies out there trying to make a living.tbh i have 2 RR stations about 30 mins drive from me but i would not go to 1 then to the other and try and compare if they were using different machines as this would be stupid.I thought that everybody was allowed equal oppertunities in life?????.Never mind

96 VAUXHALL VECTRA LEXUS BLACK TINTED REAR LIGHTS,BLACK BEZEL ANGLE EYE HEAD LIGHTS AND NIGH ON FSH
WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
WAYNE.MORTON@MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:44   #24
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish
Bobcat,

I can see the photos and I have read your posts. Please can you confirm which dyno SW Auto's has, so that I can answer Pyaap's question !

Regards,
Hamish.
pyaap asked the question.

however i fail to see the difficulty in you stating whether the one in the photos is the same as the one you had, when nat has allready stated this to be true.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:45   #25
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish
Bobcat,

Regards,
Hamish.
I have done the same,maybe they dont want to answer the question for some reason.I have visited Graham Goode racing and they had a lovely RR but cant remember which make it was now ????

96 VAUXHALL VECTRA LEXUS BLACK TINTED REAR LIGHTS,BLACK BEZEL ANGLE EYE HEAD LIGHTS AND NIGH ON FSH
WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:47   #26
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
pyaap asked the question.

however i fail to see the difficulty in you stating whether the one in the photos is the same as the one you had, when nat has allready stated this to be true.
Surely all RR when they are in the ground look the same????.And i think Nat was on about the analogue dials that were in the pictures regarding the post that was made

WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:52   #27
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Also not a direct hit at anybody or name calling or anything but it seems that most people that have replied to this thread seem very biased towards SW Auto`s.I find this very disturbing as there a numerous tuning companies out there trying to make a living.tbh i have 2 RR stations about 30 mins drive from me but i would not go to 1 then to the other and try and compare if they were using different machines as this would be stupid.I thought that everybody was allowed equal oppertunities in life?????.Never mind
ren was allready booked to go to the powerstation rr, however also came to the dyno day as it was FREE to any volvo from anywhere.

however im glad ren did go to powerstation as it has proved the sw dyno to be accurate.
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:54   #28
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Surely all RR when they are in the ground look the same????.And i think Nat was on about the analogue dials that were in the pictures regarding the post that was made
wayne, you seem to be misreading posts, re-read nat's post that pyaap linked to.

do all rolling roads look the same??? have a look at some of the links i have posted up
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:55   #29
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
ren was allready booked to go to the powerstation rr, however also came to the dyno day as it was FREE to any volvo from anywhere.

however im glad ren did go to powerstation as it has proved the sw dyno to be accurate.
Granted it was FREE but i sat and worked out the costs for me and it worked out roughly around £275 for one day,does not quiet make it economical for me really now does it.Its fine if you are within a 30 mile radius of the area.

WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 15:56   #30
WAYNET5ER

Quote:
wayne, you seem to be misreading posts, re-read nat's post that pyaap linked to.

do all rolling roads look the same??? have a look at some of the links i have posted up
I have read the posts several times now,and tbh all i can see is critiscism towards VT for some reason?????

WWW.MARSHALLWEB.CO.UK
Closed Thread