Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 instrument cluster conundrum....

Views : 941

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 25th, 2018, 00:28   #1
mjohansson

Default 240 instrument cluster conundrum....

Hello all I seem to have a serious problem with my old 1992 Volvo 240. First it all started with a NO instrument back lighting at all I had ordered new bulbs but found out the dealer ordered the wrong ones. So when I pulled out the cluster a job that I have done a dozen times on various 240's for some reason the "L" shaped connector broke off part of the circuit board on my speedometer cluster. I had a spare cluster out of a 90 240 so I swapped that. Speedometer did not work at all then. I noted on the top portion of my speedometer there are differences in the pin configuration. One has 3 pins the other has 4. So I did some soldering and swapping from the broken 4 pin to the ok 3 pin speedo. Now the car will not start. Like the fuel pump is not getting power. Major bummer. All the inst lights work, but the car will not start. So...I guess I have to find a replacement 4 pin small circuit board for my original speedo, correct? is there a place I can order one as the local junk yards no longer have any 240 Volvo's at all!
Thanks and God bless.
mjohansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2018, 12:49   #2
Derek UK
VOC Member

If swapping in another cluster you need one with the same type number Example K39200. Middle centre below the needle pivot. What is your number?
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 20:28   #3
BrianH
VOC Member

Default Instrument cluster and speedo

Ring Speedy Cables and talk to Ryan on 01639 732300.

He has sorted mine out several times. Knows his stuff

BrianH 1989 245 GL
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote