Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Chas x posts from RT Mechanics thread

Views : 22823

Replies : 185

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2011, 22:43   #21
s60ben
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
To cut out a bit of the posturing, I'll attempt to answer one of those questions from what I hope can be taken to be a reasonable impartial viewpoint.

My understanding (and do correct me if I'm wrong, long-standing members) is that T5D5 was set up because some VPC and VOC forum members were unhappy with how those sites were being run at the time. I seem to remember VPC coming in for particular stick due to excessive use of the ban-hammer, particularly when "anti-trader" threads started. At the time, many of these were aimed at VT / CTUK / HLM, call them what you will. Some people declared shenanigans. The VOC forum later came in for extensive stick following its extended closure in 200...er...8? 9?

As far as I'm concerned, inter-forum battles will help no-one. I don't think the forum team are going to make a public statement about why RT Mechanics (and indeed HLM) are no longer authorised to post as a trader, but affected members are welcome to post their experiences, good or bad. If the "right to reply" issue becomes a problem, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...although previously said traders have not shown much interest in responding.

cheers

James
Thats pretty much spot on James, and for the avoidance of doubt, the main reason, wasn't so much VOC at the time - (that was later) - But the issue that Rica UK / VolvoTuning / Chip Tuning ltd (Adam Weber and Hamish Lindsey) and now HLM (or Hamish Lindsey Motorsport) were screwing stuff up left right and centre - and any "critical" threads, comments or complaints were stamped upon by vpcuk and threads deleted left right and centre - which led to members receiving a "false image" of said traders - for whatever benefit the forum owner in question being paid for advertising received.....

Justin told said numerous members, if you don't like it p*ss off and get your own forum - and hey presto look what happened.

Trolls are a byproduct of forums im afraid, much like Chas x - and their recentness, and lack of any stored (memory) or knowledge of the scene as it has evolved (and trust me it's seriously evolved to how it used to be) just means that they are likely to come off badly by said traders.

Thats fine, but lets not forget this thread was about RT Mechanics - and said links are available in my sig below

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s60ben For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 10:26   #22
The Hitcher
Born Again Old Timer

Default Pots and Kettles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas x View Post
haven't most the t5d5 lot already been members on VPC in the past, but tend to get banned for there stupidity no wonder they've blocked
Chas,
Unless i am mistaken you too were banned at one time from VPC?

What happens if climate change is a big hoax and we end up making a better world for nothing?

Last edited by The Hitcher; Jan 20th, 2011 at 11:08.
The Hitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:19   #23
The Hitcher
Born Again Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villan View Post
Would "Chas X" be Russ or his little soliciter maybe
Our Survey says:

Sorry

What happens if climate change is a big hoax and we end up making a better world for nothing?
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 14:11   #24
Chas x
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitcher View Post
Chas,
Unless i am mistaken you too were banned at one time from VPC?
you are indeed very much mistaken
Chas x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 15:04   #25
The Hitcher
Born Again Old Timer

Quote:
you are indeed very much mistaken
lol

So you have not registered at least twice on VPC/T5 ?

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 20:49   #26
The Hitcher
Born Again Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitcher View Post
lol

So you have not registered at least twice on VPC/T5 ?
Chas X viewed this thread at 18:24
Either he cannot or will not answer the question posed.

I suggest he knows the game is up.

The change of email wont fool me "Chas"

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Jan 20th, 2011 at 23:37.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 21:18   #27
T5Andy
VOC Member

Oh dear!!!!
T5Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 21:39   #28
The Hitcher
Born Again Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5Andy View Post
Oh dear!!!!
Oh dear indeed Andy,
The problem i have is Chas is a well known "independant of garages" so it is sad to see a man of his reputation resorting to jumping a thread (to which i expect he would agree), with the purile intention of slagging off another forum.

We all have opinions of other forums but to try to cause issue in a case so important as this, one which is so critical to this and other forums, one which may define opinion on the internet without regress is IMO bollox.

It is time to cast our allegiences aside and group together to stand for what is right, against the "BIG MAN" who attempts to bully us through his "reputation" and coerce nature.

Last edited by The Hitcher; Jan 20th, 2011 at 22:12.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Hitcher For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 23:11   #29
Chas x
I've Been Banned

Again I do appologise, I didn't realise I had to reply within a set time frame. I am sorry to inform you are again mistaken
Chas x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 23:24   #30
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Again I do appologise, I didn't realise I had to reply within a set time frame. I am sorry to inform you are again mistaken
Chas, why dont you introduce yourself on T5D5 as you seen to be going quit a lot of lurking on there lately..
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bruce is bricking it, bruce mcfooknuggett, bye bye brucie, chas is a mann, cv writing tips, epic fail, lv= say goodbye to bruce, peado mcfecknuggett, pedro fandango, vpchav posterboy