Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fuel Prices Increasing

Views : 2877

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 18:11   #1
stevo48
Premier Member

Default Fuel Prices Increasing

I recieved this email today, if we all keep the pressure on the government they might just sit up and listen,

Are we heading for the £7 gallon of fuel? Will it hit £8 later in the year?

Please, please forward this email to all your friends, work colleagues, family and everyone you know on Facebook and Twitter.

Even if you have not done this before, it could be the most important thing you can do to make a difference to everyone’s lives in the UK

Today it was announced that the inflation rate has increased significantly. The Chancellor is committed to a 1p rise ON TOP OF inflation. The fuel duty rise planned for April and the surge in inflation means that the duty rise will be even worse than anticipated. The affect of this will be to add a potential 23p to a gallon of fuel in April (5p per litre).

This has to stop. Enough is enough! 30 million motorists have had their full of shouldering this increasing cost and tax burden

But, there is a way that you CAN make a difference? Moreover, it will take you less than a minute or two! Please email all your friends, work colleagues, family and everyone you know on Facebook and Twitter

Simply go to www.fairfueluk.com and sign the on-line petition. What could be easier? Please tell everyone you know.

FairFuelUK, led by motoring campaigner Quentin Willson, will be taking the gathered signatures to 10 Downing Street on 2 March. So far, we have enough to fill nine sacks but we need more!

By adding YOUR name, we can make sure that the Prime Minister and the Chancellor are left in no doubt as to the huge injustice of the latest price hike proposals.

Please forward this to as many people as you can. With enough support, we CAN make a difference.
stevo48 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to stevo48 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 18:55   #2
MacV70T5
I've Been Banned

Please sign like many others have. I was one of the first to get my signature on. THE WORRY IS:

By the time the multi billions' of tax payers money is spent on the 2012 Olympics fuel will be £10.00 per gall or simple put £2.50 a Lt. My fuel cost are very low, but a frightening thought of £130.00 to fill up for us private users is a worry. Fuel costs affect everthing. I can see inflation going back to the bad old days 10-15%. OK for us savers making a bit more, but I would rather not see my savings increase due to others suffering.

PLEASE SIGN
MacV70T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 19:06   #3
Mike1967
Premier Member

Fuel prices are indeed just crazy now . Seems the bankers still get their millions of pounds bonuses ...... and who cares weather downing street now has a cat as a rat was seen in the area !! News channel was pathetic !!

Yes its all very well for car manufacturers to make cars with megga mpg and zero road tax , but not everyone wants or can afford such cars .

Use public transport they say .... are they having a laugh or something , councils here and in other areas are stopping subisdys to bus operators and pulling rural buses off . For people like myself RELY on having a car ....... ok its nothing special ..... sorrry but the whole blooooody lot of government crap is doing my head right in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike1967 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 19:21   #4
andy_d
Premier Member

sorry to say it a petittion will do diddly, they wont take note of a pile of signatures.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 19:29   #5
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
sorry to say it a petittion will do diddly, they wont take note of a pile of signatures.
i agree with u Andy. Here are some facts for u, TESCO is the largest buyer of fuel in the uk, so everyone else follows their prices. i have seen things like this before boycotte shell/BP/ESSO. Why? BP and ESSO do not have any petrol refining stations in the UK FACT. All the fuel we buy comes from other sources ie Texaco, Fina, Shell, Conoco.

If u want the government to listen boycott TESCO for your fuel they are the ones with the big stick in this country.
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 19:40   #6
andy_d
Premier Member

hehe i already do ,, there 95 stuff makes my s40 run like a bag o spanners, asda's 95 tho,,

but yes in principle, Everyone should work out a way to communicate and Boycott Shell for a week, BP for a week, tesco for 2 weeks, That would make them take note,

problem is the Bulk of price of fuel is taxes, and theres No way to make the govment change its mind, short of fuel protests as per back in 2002...and even those may not work with this shower....

pettittions , pointless

take a leaf from the French farmers handbook,, Action works,, words/names on paper doesnt work , hasnt worked and never will, about time folks woke up to that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 19:48   #7
boost junky!

R e v o l u t i o n
boost junky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 19:56   #8
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost junky! View Post
R e v o l u t i o n
noooo way
you can take action ala the french farmers stylee, without needing to go anywhere Near a "revolution",,

and the best one of those ive seen is at alton towers,,but thanks to the cost of fuel, i shant be going on it this month,, (or next by the looks of the hikes)
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 20:01   #9
boost junky!

Sorry but ive given up with 'great' britain. Bring back the monarchy, capital punishment and all the other wonderful things from the past... or better still make me boss for a day : ) anyone seen outlaw with sean bean? beautiful!
boost junky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 20:57   #10
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Regular people should be able to run their cars.

Simples!

Price of fuel should be fixed and 'index linked' at a sensible rate, if the price of oil is low, government gets lots of tax, if it's high, government gets less.

Flat agreed rate - across the country.

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to t5_monkey For This Useful Post: