Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cargo net for V90

Views : 6906

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 27th, 2018, 12:38   #31
sbw3

Sorry it's taken so long. I have been driving the V90 to Southern Italy and back which was why I needed the safety net. It is not very rigid as it doesn't have a metal rod across the top but it fits and has straps at the bottom which clip to the chunky metal things that support the back seat when it is up. I used it with the back seat down. I hope I have uploaded the not very good pic OK. the car - a D4 R design - was amazing on the long drives each way and I used Pilot Assist quite a lot which kept me awake as one feels one can never quite trust it 100%!! The MPG stayed well above 40 even when I was racing back to Calais at 90 mph (I know one shouldn't risk that but I had to make a crossing... ) The seats were phenomenally comfortable. I hesitate to say this on this forum but the handling felt more like the old Saabs I used to have than the Volvos I have had in the past. Definitely felt as good as a BMW touring. I am hoping like the XC60 we had before the V90 that it will also be 100% reliable (on the XC60 apart from one indicator bulb nothing at all went wrong in 3 years and 70k miles).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V90 safety net.jpg (73.1 KB, 113 views)
sbw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 14:19   #32
sdrennan

have you got a picture of the full net so I can understand what it looks like and how it connects at the bottom.

I have been asking my dealer about this from the day I ordered the car. No response
I looked up the XC60 nets and there are several types for the different models. If the one you bought has a part number then that would be great

Last edited by sdrennan; Apr 23rd, 2018 at 15:24.
sdrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 15:14   #33
AndyBG

Huhh... What a tread!!

Thanks for helping evryone!!!
AndyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2018, 22:00   #34
sdrennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbw3 View Post
Sorry it's taken so long. I have been driving the V90 to Southern Italy and back which was why I needed the safety net. It is not very rigid as it doesn't have a metal rod across the top but it fits and has straps at the bottom which clip to the chunky metal things that support the back seat when it is up. I used it with the back seat down. I hope I have uploaded the not very good pic OK. the car - a D4 R design - was amazing on the long drives each way and I used Pilot Assist quite a lot which kept me awake as one feels one can never quite trust it 100%!! The MPG stayed well above 40 even when I was racing back to Calais at 90 mph (I know one shouldn't risk that but I had to make a crossing... ) The seats were phenomenally comfortable. I hesitate to say this on this forum but the handling felt more like the old Saabs I used to have than the Volvos I have had in the past. Definitely felt as good as a BMW touring. I am hoping like the XC60 we had before the V90 that it will also be 100% reliable (on the XC60 apart from one indicator bulb nothing at all went wrong in 3 years and 70k miles).
Have you got the part number and picture of how it connects at the bottom. Appreciate your input
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 07:57   #35
HamDenFede

First, sorry if this is considering hijacking, if then, please move this question to a separate thread.

Any suggestions for organising the boot, and prevent smaller items (shopping bag, school bags etc.) from tumbling around all over the boot? BMW (as an example) has the storage pack, that adds rails to the bottom of the boot, in which you can fasten dividers, and thus keep smaller items steady. Using a cargo mat is no option then. But then they have a net that can be fasten in the four metal rings in the corners of the boot, and you can fasten bags under the net. This works even with the cargo mat.

In the Volvo, there are no options for rails in the boot for deviders, and two of the metal rings are completely covered when using a cargo mat. Further there is no such net in the assessories page. What to do then? Unless you drive really slow, the boot ends up being a complete mayhem after a short while of luggage royal rumble.

It looks like though, that they came up with a new idea for the V60, with the flip-open boot floor, that then serves a devider. And this is one of the things I really hate about being sort of 'first mover', because that boot devider will be transfered to the XC60 in short for sure. Just like early customers missed out on the booster seats in the rear. Rear seats is no big issues, kids are almost out the child seats anyway, but so far I found no good solution for the boot mayhem.

EDIT: It seems the boot devider thing has existed for many year on other models (I'm new to Volvo), just not on the new XC60.

Last edited by HamDenFede; Apr 25th, 2018 at 08:47.
HamDenFede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2018, 13:15   #36
burls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbw3 View Post
I would dearly like to know if the XC 60 cargo net fits the V90 as they are for sale on E bay etc but the V90 cargo/safety net is nowhere to be seen. There are slots in my V90's roof lining for some kind of cargo safety net. what are the dimensions across the top of the XC 60 one??
Hi I bought an XC60 cargo net from jmautoparts13UK on ebay. Sorry to say but XC60 cargo nets DO NOT FIT. Not on my 2018.5 V90 R design anyway. Good luck.
burls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2018, 10:06   #37
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burls View Post
Hi I bought an XC60 cargo net from jmautoparts13UK on ebay. Sorry to say but XC60 cargo nets DO NOT FIT. Not on my 2018.5 V90 R design anyway. Good luck.
That’s odd as SBW:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=278129&page=3

Reckoned it did fit?

What bit caused the issue for you - I say this as I have 2 XC60 nets and was going to keep one.
Old May 8th, 2018, 14:08   #38
burls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief inspector View Post
That’s odd as SBW:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=278129&page=3

Reckoned it did fit?

What bit caused the issue for you - I say this as I have 2 XC60 nets and was going to keep one.
It fits across the top but the straps on the lower part of the net I was sent are not adjustable so there is no way to secure them tightly.
burls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2018, 17:56   #39
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burls View Post
It fits across the top but the straps on the lower part of the net I was sent are not adjustable so there is no way to secure them tightly.
Send it back, I have a MY2016 XC60 and the 2 hooks are attached to friction adjusters, there is a ton of slack, you hook them on then pull the slack though (like an airline seatbelt) it states taught (taut?) till you press the 2 buttons on the adjusters to let the slack out.

Yours doesn’t sound like that, or maybe there is a change after a MY?
Old May 8th, 2018, 20:08   #40
sdrennan

Hi Chief Inspector.

Do you have the part number on your XC60 net. I found a couple of different versions

Appreciate your feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to sdrennan For This Useful Post: