Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

A1 Wentbridge 40mph roadworks speed camera

Views : 2287

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 12th, 2018, 12:40   #11
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Thinking on it aren't Yorkshire Fund booster vans Bright Yellow or Orange.

Yes thankfully the A1 works around Scotch Corner have finished but they've bumped them up a bit towards Durham to replace the safety barriers.

They're going to be there for years though as never seen anybody actually working.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 15:26   #12
Grimble
Grimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post

They're going to be there for years though as never seen anybody actually working.
Surely you mean the M6, J16 to J19 or M5, J2 to J3 or........suggest your own, I'm sure there are many.

There will soon be a whole generation of people growing up who have never been able to travel the length of any of our major trunk roads without roadworks.

Its actually taking longer to add some laybys and road signs to J16/J19 on the M6 than it did to build the entire road in the 1960's. Progress, eh?

I heard on the news the other day that 'smart motorway' work will soon start on the M6 J13 to J16. Contractors are allowed 6 YEARS but are confident they can do it in FOUR! Utterly, utterly, utterly, pathetic.
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 18:00   #13
GrahamBrown1
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post
Thinking on it aren't Yorkshire Fund booster vans Bright Yellow or Orange.

Yes thankfully the A1 works around Scotch Corner have finished but they've bumped them up a bit towards Durham to replace the safety barriers.

No there silver with high viz markings. They used to be plain silver with just a camera sign but people complained so much they were forced to make them high viz. it makes no ods what colour it is because its already got you before you have even seen it.

Cumbria's vans are yellow. I was done for 81mph on the M6 at Tebay. I was just going with the flow as everyone does. he probs got at least 6 cars in one go.

Current- 05 XC90 D5 Executive, 12 XC70 D4 AWD Se Lux, 14 S80 D3 Se Lux
GrahamBrown1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 21:15   #14
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamBrown1 View Post
I was done for 81mph on the M6 at Tebay. I was just going with the flow as everyone does. he probs got at least 6 cars in one go.
You have my sympathies. I use M6 J38 to J36 every week. It's a lovely smooth road just begging to 'go faster'.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 12:48   #15
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Update- There were average speed camera signs on the section of roadworks mentioned by Nigel on Saturday.

No camera's or camera vans anywhere. Had a lorry sat hard on my back bumper through that section egging me to speed up (I had cruise on 42mph which tallied with GPS)
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyJudge For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 26th, 2018, 23:35   #16
NigelDay
Premier Member

So more than 14 days have elapsed since I thought I might have been clocked. No NIP. Thanks to those who suggested it was a roadworks monitoring camera van. It obviously was. However, driving up the same section on Monday afternoon, they still have the 'Average Speed Camera' signs - but no cameras to be seen anywhere - and indeed, no road workers in evidence. I wish these roadworks would start, do the work in one full-time session, and then quit.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 12:29   #17
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Funnily enough there was a fully fledged fund booster van sat on the overbridge yesterday morning when I passed through.

Still yet to see an elusive person working though.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyJudge For This Useful Post: