Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pilot Assist 2 improved.

Views : 5146

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 18th, 2018, 15:05   #21
yeoman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I do not have the checklist update yet, I noticed the difference after the first Sensus 2 update, which you had when you bought your car. So you already had the PA2 improvement, there wont have been a PA2 update for the checklist version.
I had my car serviced and the software updated yesterday.

The check list which disappeared after the last software upgrade is back.

I have not noticed any difference in Pilot assist, but to be fair I was not looking out for changes in it yesterday.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 13:55   #22
soupdragon

1st post here, new owner!

Picked up my petrol T4 V90 R-Design yesterday. Previously, I had the S90 on a 2 day test drive - it was a 2017 car. As mentioned, I got the feeling the car was a little too far to the left when using pilot assist.

Different story in the 2018 car I collected yesterday. Its more plumb in the centre of the lane (same stretch of motorway that I had done my test drive in) and no longer feels that's its a tad too far to the left. I recognised the difference quite easily and that's before I even read this thread so something must have changed.

Overall - what a car and what a delight to drive - well done Volvo!!!
soupdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soupdragon For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 14:26   #23
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
1st post here, new owner!

Picked up my petrol T4 V90 R-Design yesterday. Previously, I had the S90 on a 2 day test drive - it was a 2017 car. As mentioned, I got the feeling the car was a little too far to the left when using pilot assist.

Different story in the 2018 car I collected yesterday. Its more plumb in the centre of the lane (same stretch of motorway that I had done my test drive in) and no longer feels that's its a tad too far to the left. I recognised the difference quite easily and that's before I even read this thread so something must have changed.

Overall - what a car and what a delight to drive - well done Volvo!!!
It’s definitely dead centre now based on both camera and radar and you can easily see this using both door mirrors if you are unsure. I know I used to steer more to the right when overtaking large lorries and the first time I used Pilot Assist I felt uncomfortable that it seemed quite close compounded by an optical illusion that I was closing in. This week I am driving in France and that same illusion has transferrred to the right. It quickly goes away with use and it may explain the difference from your test drive.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 23:10   #24
sdrennan

Query about PA in start/stop traffic

I was on Motorway and car was working fine, PA and Adaptive. slowing down and then speeding up with no input from me. There was one point couple of times car actually stopped. First time was very short and engine kept running then moved when traffic moved. On the other occasion the Start/stop kicked in however the car would not resume when traffic started. I had to press accelerator to start then all worked fine.

Is this normal?
sdrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 23:20   #25
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrennan View Post
Query about PA in start/stop traffic

I was on Motorway and car was working fine, PA and Adaptive. slowing down and then speeding up with no input from me. There was one point couple of times car actually stopped. First time was very short and engine kept running then moved when traffic moved. On the other occasion the Start/stop kicked in however the car would not resume when traffic started. I had to press accelerator to start then all worked fine.

Is this normal?
Yes. When the handbrake automatically engages, you will need to give it a bit of a caress to start it moving.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 23:25   #26
Lexman8
Premier Member

If the car stops for 3 seconds or less it will resume without intervention. After that you need to press the accelerator or the resume button.

If the car is stopped for less than 7 seconds you can press the accelerator or resume button in anticipation of the car in front moving forward. If it doesn't move within 7 seconds you have to do it over again.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 23:27   #27
sdrennan

Thanks, I will try without the auto handbrake to see what happens instead.

Only had it 11 days so just getting used to all the toys
Now if I could just get all my music to work I would be happy!!!!
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 23:44   #28
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrennan View Post
Thanks, I will try without the auto handbrake to see what happens instead.
I don't think that'll make any difference because when adaptive cruise is engaged braking (and hold) uses the foot brake. The actual handbrake is only applied if the car remains stationary for several minutes.

I'm fairly sure the car will behave in the way described in post #26 above regardless of auto handbrake being on or off.
Old Apr 24th, 2018, 10:49   #29
sdrennan

You are right. It does the same with Auto brake off- not a big issue. Probably a good safety reason for this
Old Apr 24th, 2018, 18:30   #30
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
If the car stops for 3 seconds or less it will resume without intervention. After that you need to press the accelerator or the resume button.

If the car is stopped for less than 7 seconds you can press the accelerator or resume button in anticipation of the car in front moving forward. If it doesn't move within 7 seconds you have to do it over again.
The car and distance symbol changes from light grey to dark grey to indicate the automatic restart has timed out, ie it allows short pauses in the traffic jam without requiring a manual reset. I find pressing the resume button is easiest, saves me taking my feet off the dash.
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Director76 For This Useful Post: